Line Combos: OK Who wants to see this!

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Nylander Kadri Marner together on a line for a whole game and with full first line powerplay and penalty killing. Nobody has said it yet and I'm so surprised of that.

The flexability that line could have is off the chart. So just throwing that out there for some fun discussion. I think we deserve to see it before Marner gets shipped backto london. Jvr and Rielly added for the powerplay with Marner slipping back to the point.

Wouldn't that be fun to watch or what?

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
There will be plenty of time for that in future years. Right now, Babcock is balancing the lines by playing rookies with vets.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
seems like 3 people that want the puck

and like to give it ;)

For the original poster with Babcock at the helm a true student of the game it would be shades of watching the old Russian KLM line again. :naughty:

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Nylander Kadri Marner together on a line for a whole game and with full first line powerplay and penalty killing. Nobody has said it yet and I'm so surprised of that.

The flexability that line could have is off the chart. So just throwing that out there for some fun discussion. I think we deserve to see it before Marner gets shipped backto london. Jvr and Rielly added for the powerplay with Marner slipping back to the point.

ya let's use 3 forwards on the PK

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I would love to see a Nylander - Kadri - Marner line for a pre-season game. It would be a lot of fun to watch, that's for sure.

They're our 3 most skilled players I think.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
pass. I want Nylander playing center. I'd prefer if Marner was playing center too but they seem to want him at wing for the preseason.

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007
Unfortunately, Marner will be either on Kadri or Nylander's wing or push one of them to 3C giving us insane depth down the middle. We've got capable scorers and winger prospects in JVR, Kapanen and Brown and even Lupul if he can stay healthy.

Jun 27, 2005

I don't mean any disrespect, well maybe I do, but this post shows so much immaturity it's astounding. That's simply not how things are done and if you don't know that then that's not a good thing.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
EA Sports strikes again.

The only thing insane about that line would be putting them together and thinking it is a bonafide NHL line at this point in time. Nylander and Marner haven't played an NHL game...ever and Kadri is one snooze button away from a ticket out of here.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
You's don't get it ok fine. I'll just keep having fun. You all might consider it sometime too .ha chow

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
EA Sports strikes again.

The only thing insane about that line would be putting them together and thinking it is a bonafide NHL line at this point in time. Nylander and Marner haven't played an NHL game...ever and Kadri is one snooze button away from a ticket out of here.

Shut up its preseason

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
EA Sports strikes again.

:facepalm: Ya that's the player in trouble, our most skilled center. No skill allowed on this team I tell ya. What next, sorry Rielly, but you're gone.

stanleyorbust

Nov 29, 2009
I don't mean any disrespect, well maybe I do, but this post shows so much immaturity it's astounding. That's simply not how things are done and if you don't know that then that's not a good thing.

"That's not how things are done" likely got all of Toronto's old school scouts fired when they wouldn't buy into the use of statistics.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline

How can somebody wanting to see 3 players on one line for their hockey team (in preseason during a year they should finish bottom five) mean that the person is "showing immaturity". That's just a rude and inconsiderate thing to say to a poster.

As for the OP, why it would be cool to see, I want Nylander playing C which would shift Holland to the wing when Nylander comes up (Removing our worst faceoff man and I like Holland on the wing).

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Would love to see a line like that, or similar. Maybe JVR Marner Nylander as well.

I think JVR would be a better player for them, as he crashes the net.

Marner and Nylander most likely got 1 game left... I would like to see them on top lines, playing top minutes.

More excited about the Marlies and Knights over the Leafs, what an odd year :nod:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
:facepalm: Ya that's the player in trouble, our most skilled center. No skill allowed on this team I tell ya. What next, sorry Rielly, but you're gone.

He wasn't suspended last year and told he has one more chance? Huh. Must have dreamt that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad