Pre-Game Talk: OK enough ******** with the pre-pre-game, let's get to the pre-game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Here are the lines they skated with today:

Darren Helm-Pavel Datsyuk-Henrik Zetterberg

Gustav Nyquist-Riley Sheahan-Tomas Tatar

Stephen Weiss-Joakim Andersson-Tomas Jurco

Drew Miller-Luke Glendening-Landon Ferraro

Teemu Pulkkinen and Daniel Cleary rotated in. Justin Abdelkader skated in a gray non-contact jersey.

On defense:

Niklas Kronwall-Jonathan Ericsson

Danny DeKeyser-Alexey Marchenko

Kyle Quincey-Marek Zidlicky

Brendan Smith-Jakub Kindl (likely scratches)

In goal:

Petr Mrazek (starting Game 1)

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Lineup looks as close to optimal as we can get. I might ***** about Weiss or something instead of Andersson, and obviously I'd love of Abby could get healthy, but whatever.

Bring it hard, boys. Tampa can be beat.

Edit: Oh hey... Weiss is on the third line!

Last edited:

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015

Teemu Pulkkinen and Daniel Cleary rotated in. Justin Abdelkader skated in a gray non-contact jersey.

On defense:

In goal:

That third line is gonna be the death of us...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That third line is gonna be the death of us...

Very slow, but in actuality that is the line that will see the least amount of time, so they are kind of the fourth line. Put them out against Boyle and Morrow when possible who are also not fleet of foot, when possible a bit harder with last change. But at worst they get Filppula, so good news they have time to get back while he button hooks on the boards.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
If Mrazek can step up and steal us some games or string together some wins, I could see this being a really good series.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
Not to jinx anything beforehand in any way (even have wood to knock on, lol) but I'm confident that Mraza can be our Darling; one edge that he would have (aside from his superb ability to play the puck) is he has a history of "boasting", or visual displays of confidence, which I think would serve to simultaneously boost the morale of his teammates, get the Detroit home crowd going, and piss off the opposing team, which could potentially throw them off their game.

I would love to see him at his most fiery, time to go all out!:yo:

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Any timeline on Franzen?

According to the article earlier today he's done for the year and his career is in jeopardy.

He was so bad for the first 2 months that he had trouble even getting out of bed.

He's doing light workouts and skating on occasion, but barring a miracle he won't be back this season.

He's starting to feel some improvements though so he's hopeful that he'll be able to play again, but who knows when.

link

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Datsyuk and Zetterberg together is such an awful idea

the Wings flat out don't have the depth to even make this competitive right now without them centering their own lines

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI

On defense:

In goal:

My goodness this is the ultimate. I have to love our team and the lineup is a perfect balance of what earned the Wings a PO spot. Let the kid line prove together what they are made of. D, Z, and Helmer can lead this team. I personally am proud of the 3rd line it is a possibly magnificent makeup of what should AND could still be for these guys this season. 3 players who are each in question now have the perfect opportunity to succeed. Babcock returning to the original checking line that got this team rolling...same thing it's perfect. Almost as a possible farewell Babs is saying this is it, everything you've given me is in it's proper place, lay it all out on the line and see who wins!

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I hope to see some nastiness. Forget all the regular season class, the Red Wings need to pull out every dirty trick they've got in the bag. Not-so-subtle interference, throwing vicious checks, punches in scrums. **** it run at Bishop. I hope Ericsson starts whaling punches the 1st shift of the game (probably his greatest asset :)). Ragdoll the ugly step-child that Tampa is.

Honestly every post-season I swell with overwhelming admiration/confidence in what Detroit has accomplished, it's why I joined here. It doesn't matter the personnel the foundation has been built in stone. I'd like the Wings to roll over our competition not only to shock the analysts but to prove the doubters in our own fan base wrong.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce