Pre-Game Talk: Oily Game Saturday -- 1:00 Mountain Time

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
van der gulik playing? who else is hurt/ scratched ? was bordy sent down?

edit : so i read through it again, i see that jones is hurt , what happened to him? maybe shows why he was playing so poorly.

Last edited:

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Almost glad that Jones is out...and maybe that knee injury was why he wasn't playing so well? I can hope anyway, lol.

Hope to see Sgarbossa really break out this game!

Coloradorov

Oct 7, 2009
Denver
I think a 100% healthy roster with RoR on board would add up to a win against this young and exciting Oil squad. Without RoR, Landy, Downer, and now Jones this team should probably not win. My heart wants the buys to dig deep and win, but my mind says vCash on EDM.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Im saying we take this one, Dutchy and Pap are gonna keep it going on the scoreboard and a big defensive game by EJ & O'byrne finally sits. If we come out fast and play a smart physical game we can control their small forwards.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I can't help but laugh at the fact that we're essentially missing 4 of last year's top 6

ChrisNI

Sep 29, 2008
Orillia
Just watching the nucks, bhawks game.

The crowd is booing some of the chicage players when they touch the puck, they are chanting "let's go canucks" and you can hear them Ohhhh and Ahhh when something happens.

It made me realise I don't think I've ever even noticed crowd noise while watching an avs game. It's like they are playing in an empty rink!

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
No Landeskog, O'Reilly, Downie, or Jones. Even though it's Edmonton at home I'm not liking our chances.

member 116861

Just watching the nucks, bhawks game.

The crowd is booing some of the chicage players when they touch the puck, they are chanting "let's go canucks" and you can hear them Ohhhh and Ahhh when something happens.

It made me realise I don't think I've ever even noticed crowd noise while watching an avs game. It's like they are playing in an empty rink!

The Vancouver crowd is usually dead.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
No big loss.

Agreed, he's been disgustingly bad to start the season, although I hope that this knee injury is what's caused the slow start.

Not sure what people will think of this but I wouldn't mind Stastny centering Sgarbossa and Olver, although both of those players are natural centre's, I have always loved the way Olver plays and Sgarbossa seems to have a high hockey IQ and good offensive instincts shown so far. That way you could play McLeod-Mitchell-Hejduk and then Bordeleau-VDG-Kobasew. I just feel like, although he scored twice last game, Stastny needs someone on his line to get him going, to dig that puck out for him in the corners and Olver is a guy who's tenacious as they get, and who knows, maybe Sgarbossa can be the finisher on that line.

Long shot, I know, and Sacco will probably have those two on the 4th line with Bordeleau once again, but it's a little experiment I'd like to see. Heck, it wouldn't hurt seeing as how Landeskog, Downie, Jones, and O'Reilly are all out. Greedy O'Reilly, just sign already

Anybody think that if we lose, say, Duchene or Stastny, or both to injuries, that O'Reilly would cave? Or that the Avs would cave? I say its the latter

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
By all rights the Avs should lose this one, seeing how depleted they are and that the Oilers are a NW team that they should be favored to beat.

At any rate, they're going to be outshot. Which never seems to have any bearing on whether they win or lose.

I'm just glad it's an early game so that I can watch it. I say that now, anyway.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think we win this one. We probably would have beaten Edmonton on Monday had it not been for all the penalties and PPG's we gave up.

No Jones is probably a good thing right now, it Should I say SHOULD allow the Pirate to play in a more offensive role this game and we'll get to see more of what he's capable of.

I'd like to see these lines:

McGinn - Duchene - Paranteau
Sgarbossa - Stastny - Hejduk
Kobasew - Mitchell - McCleod
Bordeleau - Olver - VDG

Damn, we are actually pretty thin without Landy, Oreilly, Downie, and Jones. Need Landy back asap.

Any way my prediction, 5-2 Avs

Paranteau McGinn Stastny Sgarbossa Duchene with the goals. Duchene and Stas with 3 point games.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I want to be an optimist, but the injury bug hit early, and hit the players that are a bit crucial to our team. That coupled with the Avs and O'Reilly in a contract stalemate, that's another player that the Avs would benefit from having in the lineup.

I'm not overly optimistic about this game today. But who knows, hopefully I'm wrong and will have to eat crow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad