Pre-Game Talk: Oily Game Saturday -- 1:00 Mountain Time

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I wanted to get this thread going for a couple reasons.

One, so we can discuss the upcoming game. Duh.

Two...I've won contests to pick Shermanator's and S E P H's avatars lately. I reckon it's my turn to put my avatar on the line for a week.

But I'd need a good challenge to have everyone do. And, if a poll is necessary, it would have to be worked out with the GDT maker ahead of time. I haz no mad GDT skillz, so I won't even attempt to make one...
Shermy did the "guess the number of penalties" challenge
S E P H did the "guess who scores their 1st goal on us first" challenge

So, I need ideas for the challenge, and a volunteer to make the GDT and work in a poll if needed.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Make it an icing challenge.

If Zanon/O'Byrne/Hejda can go a game without icing the puck, you win. If not, you lose.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I say who does the most mistakes per game, but I am loving the defender (or player) who has committed the most icing or the most offsides.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I wanted to get this thread going for a couple reasons.

One, so we can discuss the upcoming game. Duh.

Two...I've won contests to pick Shermanator's and S E P H's avatars lately. I reckon it's my turn to put my avatar on the line for a week.

So wait, that cute guy on his avatar isn't S E P H? Damn, I'm disappointed then :cry: *Unfollows S E P H* on twitter.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Hey guys,

I'm making vids on the Nucks board and have managed to watch a lot of other teams tv coverages. Gotta say I really like the Avs production look. Very slick and streamline. Not a lot of crap or ads on the screen. Looks great.

Also saw McLeod give a little canuck fan a puck while he was sitting in the penalty box. Loved it. That is a true athlete.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Not sure what the challenge will be, but guesses in this thread will not count. They will need to be in the actual GDT. :)

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Total number of spin moves for Duchene? : Ok that might be a little too 2012.

Total number of mind boggling line up changes by Sacco?

Total number of guys running around like headless chickens during our own PP?

Total number of Caspar, ghost, transparent, etc references to Stastny in our GDT?

Total number of posts in the Fire Sacco or Fire Sherman threads after the game.

Oh and its an early game. So I am able to watch it on regular time.

That usually means we get slaughtered.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So wait, that cute guy on his avatar isn't S E P H? Damn, I'm disappointed then :cry: *Unfollows S E P H* on twitter.

Noooooooooo! I think we can both agree that I need more followers than Sherm.

Hey guys,

I'm making vids on the Nucks board and have managed to watch a lot of other teams tv coverages. Gotta say I really like the Avs production look. Very slick and streamline. Not a lot of crap or ads on the screen. Looks great.

Also saw McLeod give a little canuck fan a puck while he was sitting in the penalty box. Loved it. That is a true athlete.

Just the announcers that are bad. Haynes "PAP is a goal scorer because the shots he takes go in". I also saw that from McLeod, class move from him.

viach

Aug 5, 2007
I hope for a good offensive game for EJ tomorrow. Only 1 pt in 7 games. Not very good !

:(

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Noooooooooo! I think we can both agree that I need more followers than Sherm.

Just the announcers that are bad. Haynes "PAP is a goal scorer because the shots he takes go in". I also saw that from McLeod, class move from him.

So true. That's why they are the best, they see the game at another level than casual fans.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
So now that Jones is injured as well what kind of lines should be go out with?

I think we should try:

Sgarbossa-Staz-Hejduk
McGinn-Duchene-PAP
McLeod-Mitchell-Kobasew
Bordeleau-Olver-VdG

but Sacco will probably go with:

Kobasew-Stastny-Hejduk
McGinn-Duchene-PAP
McLeod-Mitchell-Olver
Bordeleau-Sgarbossa-VdG (the line from training camp)

It'll be interesting to see what numbers Sacco takes out of the hat.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So now that Jones is injured as well what kind of lines should be go out with?

I think we should try:

Sgarbossa-Staz-Hejduk
McGinn-Duchene-PAP
McLeod-Mitchell-Kobasew
Bordeleau-Olver-VdG

but Sacco will probably go with:

Kobasew-Stastny-Hejduk
McGinn-Duchene-PAP
McLeod-Mitchell-Olver
Bordeleau-Sgarbossa-VdG (the line from training camp)

It'll be interesting to see what numbers Sacco takes out of the hat.

Agreed. Those lines look like the best we can do right now. Duchene and PAP are going to have to continue scoring for us to have any chance.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Whatever happens we should not break up McGinn - Duchene - Paranteau right now, that line looked good last night, and I even though they looked decent against the Nucks just couldn't score.

McGinn might be a better fit on that line then Landy. He's basically the same as Landy in ever asset of the game except shooting(just not as good as Landy), in which IMO McGinn has a better shot right now.

Ginner with a couple playmakers in PAP and Duchene should get a lot of opportunities, and sooner or later he's gonna start burying them, and burying them often.

I really want to see what the Pirate can do on a scoring line. I liked the way he played the first 2 games and he deserves more ice time over McCleod, Kobasew, and probably Hejduk.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Whatever happens we should not break up McGinn - Duchene - Paranteau right now, that line looked good last night, and I even though they looked decent against the Nucks just couldn't score.

McGinn might be a better fit on that line then Landy. He's basically the same as Landy in ever asset of the game except shooting(just not as good as Landy), in which IMO McGinn has a better shot right now.

Ginner with a couple playmakers in PAP and Duchene should get a lot of opportunities, and sooner or later he's gonna start burying them, and burying them often.

I really want to see what the Pirate can do on a scoring line. I liked the way he played the first 2 games and he deserves more ice time over McCleod, Kobasew, and probably Hejduk.

Agreed that Ginner should stay on that line. Landy seems to require his lines to be better at puck possession to be as effective as possible. Duchene's lines are just not very good in that area, and are always much better on the rush. McGinn is as good or better than Landeskog on the rush. Stastny would be a better fit for Landeskog when he comes back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad