Post-Game Talk: Oilers with the reverse orca card

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Funny you say that while Canucks fans are sick of Craig blowing his load over the oilers. Did you listen in the third about how Craig Simpson was going on about what the oilers should do to win and how immaculate Leon is? Bouchard god mode, etc....
Praising Drai for having a Gretzky like playoffs and praising Canucks every time they make a pass are not the same thing.

Canucks regular commentators are all time bag lickers. It’s not surprising their fans think any commentator that doesn’t think they shit gold are pro Oiler.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Not sure Henrique is skating well enough to play center with his ankle injury.

Foegele does nothing burger in the bottom 6 at this point. Whole team is though.
Then let Nuge center the 3rd and Rico up with Mcdavid

Mcleod at center needs to stop. We've also seen good results with Mcleod and Foegele each on the wing together

Ceci had a really bad game.
It seems like its either him or Nurse or both.

Apparently is it too much to ask to have both of them have a good game at the same time.
in the 3rd period Ceci turned the puck over twice in the d zone. Came out for another shift and turned it over again LMAO

Either Stetcher is hurt or Drai and Mcdavid want Ceci playing. It's odd, something is up

Reactions: foshizzle

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
If knobblauch doesn’t start Pikard in game 5 I have zero faith. He is already a million times smarter than woodcroft ever was who kept going back to skinner over and over no matter what last playoffs. knobby recognized skinner is truly costing them wins and made the best choice by starting pikard. Let’s hope he continues that. If edm gets past Vancouver though I do feel like skinner will start against Dallas/avs.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Are u new here? No need to piss on peolles parade it us never all sunshine and rainbows here lol. This place is highly critical if anything. Folks here are well aware of the holes on this team
No I just don't think we played that well of a game and there needs to be minor adjustments.
Just because we win doesn't mean I think everything is rosy.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
in the 3rd period Ceci turned the puck over twice in the d zone. Came out for another shift and turned it over again LMAO

Either Stetcher is hurt or Drai and Mcdavid want Ceci playing. It's odd, something is up
I hear you although Nurse has had some really brutal moments too and he is still playing.
This coach is loyal to a fault but as he did with the goaltending he is open to making changes.
Sitting Ceci seems like its something he should consider.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
If knobblauch doesn’t start Pikard in game 5 I have zero faith. He is already a million times smarter than woodcroft ever was who kept going back to skinner over and over no matter what last playoffs. knobby recognized skinner is truly costing them wins and made the best choice by starting pikard. Let’s hope he continues that. If edm gets past Vancouver though I do feel like skinner will start against Dallas/avs.
If Pickard wins you this series, should Garlic-man go back to him tomorrow (this is the right call), you gotta run with him until he stops performing, regardless of the series no?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Second best. Messier played there.;)
Whats Messier saying about the "Terrific" Canucks today. One of the plus pts of beating Nucks is going to be shutting Mess' gob. Who am I kidding. Nothing will. Kind of getting done with him as an analyst and the TNT broadcasts are just awful. been taken over by the "spittin Chicklets' type crew. Constant talk during play. They make Jack Michaels appear focused. In the last Dallas game for 5mins, during play they're talking about how much PK Subban likes to party, and he's really about the party and the guy parties for days, sometimes week.s Then they talk about a player that takes a month off every year to party. and its like I don't care, shut up, shut up now, they don't shut up. volume off..

Its like Jr High kids took over the telecasts.

Last edited:

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
No I just don't think we played that well of a game and there needs to be minor adjustments.
Just because we win doesn't mean I think everything is rosy.
You missed the entire point show me one post anyone thinks everything is rosy? You literally are making that up.

Most of this thread is the legit opposite , talking about the dead bottom 6, ceci, etc..

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
You are 100 percent right. The Oilers did defend well in terms of keeping the Nucks high danger chances to basically zero

I just think the biggest talking point should be the fact we can't keep sitting back on leads, but if nobody wants that posted here that's fine.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

We didn't "sit on a lead." The shots were 8-8 in the third and we were still pushing. Having a desperate team get some zone time on you as you have a lead is not "sitting back." It's what happens when teams are down in the playoffs - they empty the tank to desperately get back in the game.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Whats Messier saying about the "Terrific" Canucks today. One of the plus pts of beating Nucks is going to be shutting Mess' gob. Who am I kidding. Nothing will. Kind of getting done with him as an analyst and the TNT broadcasts are just awful. been taken over by the "spittin Chicklets' type crew. Constant talk during play. They make Jack Michaels appear focused. In the last Dallas game for 5mins, during play they're talking about how much PK Subban likes to party, and he's really about the party and the guy parties for days, sometimes week.s Then they talk about a player that takes a month off every year to party. and its like I don't shut up, shut up now, they don't shut up. volume off..

Its like Jr High kids took over the telecasts.

Saw someone on Twitter talking about how much better TNT is than ESPN and CBC and the clip they posted was literally two minutes of Bissonnette screaming at the top of his lungs. Awful, juvenile stuff.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
A narrative gets developed about players being one dimensional and sometimes that never shakes even though it hasn't been the case for years. Sam is a lot stronger than when he entered league when only 18 and the early years and GA kind of set the table for coaches considered him as, one zone. but he hasn't been like that in a decade and was even killing penalties well for Detroit. He's a much different player now with man strength and that can play in all zones. But the main thing is he creates better than anybody in our bottomsix.
This is what drives me crazy, we knew giving Pickard a chance was the right choice, they didn't until it was nearly too late. Now you have a guy that's been waiting 16 years to play an Oiler playoff game and you play a guy like Brown over him.

Everything you said about Sam plus he bleeds the orange and blue and would battle his ass off. These are the story lines that Cup winning teams have. We see it they don't and that's really sad.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I am once again begging Oilers fans to remember how Draisaitl plays in the playoffs EVERY year and what big german balls he has, when he inevitably doesn't backcheck as hard as you like in game 32 next year and y'all start calling him "lazy", or "drunk" or whatever.

This guy is a f***ing WARRIOR and absolutely built for the playoffs. Please, please remember that in the regular season. He's a big man and saves his best for when the games mean the most. Please don't forget about (playoff) Drai.
My likes have been temporarily suspended but a big thumbs up to this post.

Reactions: Oilhawks and TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If they make an alternate NHL 25 cover it could be one of the those "holographic" covers with Perry holding his stick up. When you move side to side, the stick slightly moves closer and farther
None shall pass! Bozo doesn't pass, just stares at the stick not knowing whats going on with that perma glazed look of his. Meanwhile his teammate, Miller, is getting his face fed, and then screams at Bozo several times on bench that he didn't have his back. Bozo continues with the glazed expression thinking about what vacation will be like.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
I have no idea what you're talking about.

We didn't "sit on a lead." The shots were 8-8 in the third and we were still pushing. Having a desperate team get some zone time on you as you have a lead is not "sitting back." It's what happens when teams are down in the playoffs - they empty the tank to desperately get back in the game.
Feel like he us making shit up for real

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
WEll that isn't such a high bar heh

So many remedial posters there. All the dumb ass riding off McD coat tails comments. PPmerchant etc. Since 2017 playoffs Drai has 1.67 pts /game, more than anybody in league, including McD, he has more EVpts/game than McD, and all these stupid comments. This is the world we live in where facts are optional and any shit that falls out of peoples mouths is truths to them. Like how f***ing stupid does one have to be?

Man denial is strong.
Even just last night, some simpleton on the mains posted that Draisaitl wouldn't have half of his points without McDavid.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Then let Nuge center the 3rd and Rico up with Mcdavid

Mcleod at center needs to stop. We've also seen good results with Mcleod and Foegele each on the wing together

There're not going to mess with huge deployment tweaks after winning the biggest game of the year. Now that they've finally separated McDavid and Draisaitl they're not dropping Nugent Hopkins to 3C from a line that one of the league's most dominant in the regular season. If healthy... a big if... Henrique likely onboards more realistically at 3W.

Ceci had an awful game. But this coaching staff still look to him as an important penalty kill option. Seems clear in their roster choices they favour keeping PK and goal suppression guys in the line-up (Brown, Ryan, Ceci) over options that might ... or might not help with support offence. Highly doubt McDavid and Draisaitl are making roster decisions. Knoblauch is making hard choices and considering options with a 200 foot view on winning games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad