Post-Game Talk: Oilers with a clutch 4-3 loss.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Brad Hunt is the ****ing worst. Nevermind that he iced the puck, why the **** are you even dumping it in with four seconds left?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Niemi makes two clutch saves with 35 seconds left. Scrivens lets in two weak ones earlier in the period.

Team is still too mentally fragile. They just collapse when something goes badly against them.

Brad Hunt dumping the puck in from the wrong side of center with 5 seconds to go in the game is one of the odder things I've seen. Kid just isn't an NHL quality player. He never will be. We knew this at the start of the season. Nothing has changed since. Why is he here?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Can someone explain to me how an NHL player is dumb enough to dump the puck in with 4 seconds left down by one rather than walking over the line and taking a shot? That kind of play doesn't belong in the National Hockey League. (insert Ray Ferraro voice)

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I hope that **** up at the end wakes even MacT up to the fact that Hunt isn't an NHLer.

If he stays up it's because we're going for McDavid. Marincin would be here if we were actually trying to win.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
That felt like a bit of a Dubnyk'esque throwback in goal tonight. Perfect goaltending except for the one or two moments when you break the team's back.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Scrivens was weak but you guys are trending the right way. They actually look like they're trying and want to win, and look pretty good.

Little steps of improvement.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Great signs, played well, lost the game on the last period for clutch McEichel points?

Perfect game, I'm going to have to say. Though I was genuinely cheering for the win

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Nothing has changed. Sure the team worked harder and drove the net more, but only after they gave up the lead twice. Basically they just played 'desperate hockey' because they can't hold a lead if their lives depended on it.

that 3rd goal on scrivens was not his fault. Just want to state that.

It was deflected. We all know it was. The thing is, it was still a savable puck. And it could have been forgiven if he had managed to stop the breakaway goal and keep it at 3. Nope. He's not reliable.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Look at our AHL roster and tell me why every single problem with this team doesn't start and end with management.

Cheer like never before, guys.

And if Hall is hurt, then ******* rest him already, because holy god is he sucking right now. Haven't seen a slump like this from him in his entire career.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
At least it was an entertaining game where the effort was there. This is a game where they should not hang their heads afterwards. It's a start.

oilersfan87

Jan 18, 2009
No matter what happens during the game, you just know that there is almost a 100% chance the final result will be an Oilers loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad