Post-Game Talk: Oilers Win

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Yeah...I dont agree. Name a coach that isnt stubborn.

There have been decisions that I disagree with BUT there is justification for most of his decisions even if myself and others do disagree.
He didnt just become an idiot like so many on here want to believe.
I think it’s pretty hard to argue that he doesn’t adjust well when things aren’t working. That’s what makes a coach good isn’t it. Anybody can follow a script. Sometimes you need to improvise.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
@rboomercat
Thats exactly how I interpreted it as well. He gave Lucic a chance.
Lucic failed the coach and the team defensively there.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Honestly man...after the first 50 games WTF were you (and everybody else complaining) expecting from this team?
Did you just start watching after game 50?

I get the frustration with this team but the team identity isnt going to change at this point in the season.
The fact that they have able to win (albeit ugly) back to back against 2 good teams is still a small step forward.
Im expecting them not to blow 2 goal leads in the last 20 seconds. That happens a handful of times in the league but its happened too the Oilers in back to back games. Its embarrassing. The worst teams of all time dont do shit like that.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
We had McDavid Draisaitl Hall Eberle Rnh Klefbom Nurse

Picked up Sekera and Lucic for no assets

Thats a pretty good crew to work with

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
@rboomercat
Thats exactly how I interpreted it as well. He gave Lucic a chance.
Lucic failed the coach and the team defensively there.

That’s what I thought he was trying to do also. We’re up by 2, might as well give Lucic a chance for the empty net. It’s nit like games matter anymore.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
That’s what I thought he was trying to do also. We’re up by 2, might as well give Lucic a chance for the empty net. It’s nit like games matter anymore.

Exactly. :nod:

That likely wont occur to anyone who has a hate on for McLellan though.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Which doesn’t matter until this upcoming season. We had one of the lowest payrolls in the league this season and our place in the standings show it.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Just watched highlights

Glad Strome is finally getting confidence. Sometimes there's an adjustment period for players with new teams. Hopefully this is the real Ryan Strome.

We're still a tire fire defensively. Would love to be in Lucics head on that last goal.

It's also slightly worrisome to see McDavid not even cracking a smile on that game winning shootout goal

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Exactly. :nod:

That likely wont occur to anyone who has a hate on for McLellan though.
It is not like Mcllellan doesn't deserve the hate lol He has showed his horrible coaching tactics that has lost us many games. Plus he has zero emotion and never sticks up for his team. Why do you think San jose with all that talent never made it that far in the playoffs with him? Their fans said he doesn't know how to adjust during a game and always got outcoached. I hope he is fired at the end of the season and we get a coach with passion . experience and a hockey smarts.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It is not like Mcllellan doesn't deserve the hate lol He has showed his horrible coaching tactics that has lost us many games. Plus he has zero emotion and never sticks up for his team. Why do you think San jose with all that talent never made it that far in the playoffs with him? Their fans said he doesn't know how to adjust during a game and always got outcoached. I hope he is fired at the end of the season and we get a coach with passion . experience and a hockey smarts.

Hate away. You have lots of company on here.

Like I said earlier I dont agree with some of TMac's decisions but I stop short of the kind of hyberbole you and others throw around.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Hate away. You have lots of company on here.

Like I said earlier I dont agree with some of TMac's decisions but I stop short of the kind of hyberbole you and others throw around.
I don't hate him at all. People just hate his coaching, he is probably a great guy. I just think is a horrible coack adjusting to managing a game on the run plus his line combinations baffle the mind at times. I would also have to say he lacks emotion which rubs off on his team. It took Talbot to finally sound off on the bad calls going against them on video reviews for the last 2 years. Tod was too much of a coward to stick up for his team or was afraid to get fined and take it on the chin for his team.

Reactions: PulYou

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't hate him at all. People just hate his coaching, he is probably a great guy. I just think is a horrible coack adjusting to managing a game on the run plus his line combinations baffle the mind at times. I would also have to say he lacks emotion which rubs off on his team. It took Talbot to finally sound off on the bad calls going against them on video reviews for the last 2 years. Tod was too much of a coward to stick up for his team or was afraid to get fined and take it on the chin for his team.

So you preface your post with an I dont hate him comment and then just continue with the hyperbole? Yeah...okay.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
This sounds oddly familiar. Just missing the swarm.
zXCLhr1.gif

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
So you preface your post with an I dont hate him comment and then just continue with the hyperbole? Yeah...okay.
Learn the difference between hating his coaching and hating the man himself. I don't even know him so i can't hate him. I hate how he coaches. I hope he is fired at the end of the year.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Learn the difference between hating his coaching and hating the man himself. I don't even know him so i can't hate him. I hate how he coaches. I hope he is fired at the end of the year.

Calling him a coward is hyperbole...you get that right?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Todd's a choke-artist. We know that from San Jose. Losing a series after up 3-0 is pathetic.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
I don’t watch a ton of Oilers games as a Flames fan living in Quebec. I always assumed that the fans complaining about reffing was just an overreaction associated with disappointment with the season.

I watched from the third period on last night because obviously I had vested interest in the game. Holy ****ing **** **** did the ducks get away with murder in overtime. If it’s been that bad all year it truly is ridiculous

Pretty typical actually. A little extra because the Ducks have there own rulebook, but as a flames fan I'm sure you know about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad