Post-Game Talk: oilers win toilet bowl 2013 3-2 (did only the third line play?)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
toilet_bowl_champion_t.jpg

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Hope we lose but that lineup for Sabers is just nasty.. We will need to injure a lot more than Hall to keep "down" with this club.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Eichel would be throwing away millions by staying at uni until 16/17. I cant see that happening really.

With Hall being out, why havent they called up Pakarinen? Do we really need to see more of Gazdic?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Eichel would be throwing away millions by staying at uni until 16/17. I cant see that happening really.

With Hall being out, why havent they called up Pakarinen? Do we really need to see more of Gazdic?

But Buffalo doesn't rush their prospects like stupid Edmonton so of course they'll keep Eichel down for a season

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
This feels like a game that the Oilers are going to lose. Sabres on a franchise long losing streak. One game away from the longest regulation losing streak in well over a decade.

Any positivity surrounding Nelson and the teams improved play will fly out the window and not only will Oilers subforum melt down, but there will be 3 or 4 threads started on the main forum about what a joke the Oilers are.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

How is he throwing away Millions? He will still get the same money he would get if he comes out this off season. Only people who have either zero respect for education or basic understanding of finance would suggest that.

And as others have said--Only the oiler rush their prospects. Makes more sense for him to develop one more year in uni--do another World JR and come out and rock the world--but some people have not learned from the rushing of Gagner, Yak, Nuge, Leon and others and just are hell bent for leather to rush kids thinking that this is like EA 2015 where a player hits his full potential right away

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I think it's pretty safe to say, this is as sure a win is there can be in today's NHL. There is NO WAY they can screw this up.

In fact, I'm putting money on this one....

Sabers win 3 - 0.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Last time EDM faced Buffalo was on a back to back night and they actually put up 52 shots against them. When EDM plays hard and actually throws pucks on net, they sure don't look like a team with the record they have. But that's about 1/20 games. :sarcasm::laugh:

Jun 9, 2011

He also gets a rookie year without going head to head with MCDavid. Also holding out for Iiro I need a Iiro.. (dumb song now stuck in my head)

Gif makes me laugh everytime.

I think the Oil win tonight.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
How is he throwing away Millions? He will still get the same money he would get if he comes out this off season. Only people who have either zero respect for education or basic understanding of finance would suggest that.
If he stays two more years at uni he plays two years less in the NHL. Simple as that. EV down the drain.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If he stays two more years at uni he plays two years less in the NHL. Simple as that. EV down the drain.

...........and he will have an education to fall back on if he breaks his leg first pro game and his career is done.

We have rushed nearly every pick we have had and most of them have either been ruined or we agree now they wont reach their full potential because the oilers rushed their development

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
...........and he will have an education to fall back on if he breaks his leg first pro game and his career is done.

We have rushed nearly every pick we have had and most of them have either been ruined or we agree now they wont reach their full potential because the oilers rushed their development
I won't agree to that. Who? Even with an obvious flub like Drai, I don't think his NHL experience was a bad thing. It was a bad move by contract management, but I think he'll be okay.

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
Still Hard to believe these two sad sack teams were a gm 7 win away from meeting in the SCF in 2006 :amazed:

Would rather have lost to a true hockey market team like Buffalo than the Bettman market Hurricanes :laugh:

Jun 9, 2011

OK we've rushed some guys, and we've put guys in the lineup without guidance from experienced vets, but we now have some experienced guys and we don't have any rookies in the lineup at all. I think they get it. Nurse is still in junior, Draisaitl has been sent back. We just gave them too much responsibility and star status before they earned it. Looks like someone 'above' has taken note.

It's great that he put value on his education, it's just a little unusual to hear that from a prospect ranked so high. He could injure himself in college and never play in the NHL as well.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Well, in that case could he not just go back to school?

Look, I'm not arguing for Oilers/Sabres (or whomever ends up drafting him) to rush him into a situation that he wont succeed in. I'm just saying that if I was Eichel, I would push for an NHL roster spot asap because it makes economic sense.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I won't agree to that. Who? Even with an obvious flub like Drai, I don't think his NHL experience was a bad thing. It was a bad move by contract management, but I think he'll be okay.

if we do redrafts do Nuge and Yak still go first overall? not many people are saying that now and do not look now--but Seguin has now scored 18 more goals then Hall and how many could make a very good case for Centreman Johanson over Hall--I know I could

If we did the 2011 draft over again--does Nuge go top 3? Gabriel Landeskog, Adam Larsson, Doug Hamilton---

and lets not get started on with the yak draft.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Well, in that case could he not just go back to school?

Look, I'm not arguing for Oilers/Sabres (or whomever ends up drafting him) to rush him into a situation that he wont succeed in. I'm just saying that if I was Eichel, I would push for an NHL roster spot asap because it makes economic sense.

In the United States only Athletes and the very rich can access post secondary education.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad