GDT: OILERS WIN LOTTERY 2.0! McDaaaaaaaaavid *****es!

Status
Not open for further replies.

azashi

May 31, 2006
I just went on the Sabres board and was shocked at the hate towards us :(

Decided not to post a friendly message there.

Buffalo's fans are actually fairly reasonable, by comparison to Arizona or Toronto fans. For Arizona, McDavid was likely the only hope of saving the franchise. Toronto fans feel robbed given the last ball, and extremely disappointed that Edmonton won again while Toronto languishes outside the clear top 3 choices. The hostility is way worse there.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
In all sincerity, I see him getting at least 75 points in his rookie year (if he doesn't get injured).

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Leafs fan living in Edmonton, I come in peace. Congrats on winning the lottery hopefully this finally helps improve your team. I'm not expecting you to compete for the playoffs right away but I personally think it would be nice if you at least finished out of the bottom 10 or on the fringe.

My Dad is an Oiler fan so he was pretty excited when we found out on TSN. BTW I dont get why people are saying this is rigged? The team that one is Edmonton. Not some big time east coast team like Toronto or Philly or whatever. If they won then maybe you could say its rigged but IMO this is far from rigged. In the end Im glad Arizona didnt win the lottery. Imagine all those empty seats watching McDavid night for 40+ home games. Yikes.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I honestly was expecting the blow back if the Oilers won the lottery to be worse on HFB. I'm alright with this.

The way I see it the people who are most bitter about this are the people who had an irrational hatred of us anyway.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

Sabres fans are kinda delusional. They somehow think all their prospects will pan out and they will win boatloads of games... in reality, getting out of the basement is a painful path.

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
i was at a friends house watching the playoffs (started a little late so heard nothing) and we brought up the lottery... i was like "lol what if the Oilers won it somehow?" one of my friends looks it up on his phone, "oilers win first overall pick in draft lottery"

i started laughing so ******* hard at the Troll level.

it's astronomically hilarious.

that said, i now actually have a reason to give a minute of my time to watching the Oilers again and i cant wait to see who they toss in the off-season to get some real D or goaltending (both).

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I honestly was expecting the blow back if the Oilers won the lottery to be worse on HFB. I'm alright with this.

The way I see it the people who are most bitter about this are the people who had an irrational hatred of us anyway.

I don't know if you were here right as we won, but it was pretty bad. The mods did a lot of work.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Gotta be tough being a Sabres fan. I mean at least we had our time. The best they ever had was the French Connection in the 70's. jmo that there hasn't been much to cheer for with that franchise and the one time they did get to the final the cheating Dallas Stars won it on a bogus goal by Brett Hull. One of the worst moments in the NHL.

Then Buffalo got a bunch of D injured in 2006 and the Canes beat them. I was cheering for the Sabres bigtime in that series but Canes were living a charmed life that year.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Leafs fan living in Edmonton, I come in peace. Congrats on winning the lottery hopefully this finally helps improve your team. I'm not expecting you to compete for the playoffs right away but I personally think it would be nice if you at least finished out of the bottom 10 or on the fringe.

My Dad is an Oiler fan so he was pretty excited when we found out on TSN. BTW I dont get why people are saying this is rigged? The team that one is Edmonton. Not some big time east coast team like Toronto or Philly or whatever. If they won then maybe you could say its rigged but IMO this is far from rigged. In the end Im glad Arizona didnt win the lottery. Imagine all those empty seats watching McDavid night for 40+ home games. Yikes.

[MOD] would suggest the lottery is rigged now. I mean, Edmonton won it!!

Brb watching the draft lottery replay again 50x...

Last edited by a moderator:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I hate the fact that Sportsnet and the NHL put these kids on the spot. The production was incredibly stupid. Now you have everyone saying how "McDavid looked disappointed" and all that ****. And you have everyone reading too much into his comments, tone of voice, etc.

This is a kid who is looking forward to his next series vs. Soo. He can't be looking past the OHL and onto the draft. And even still, he's humble enough to not play the "Oh I'm the best, I'll get picked number one, eff off Hanafin, Eichel, Strome" card. Basically, he isn't a pompous arse. He's levelheaded and down to earth enough to know that the draft is two months away and that he has other prospects sitting right beside him.

Plus I don't think McDavid has ever really been an expressionable kid with the media.
o
Glad somebody brought this up.

Never mind the production, it was bush league of Sportsnet to have those kids in the studio for this, period. It wasn't draft day, so what purpose was it supposed to serve? Bad enough they had McDavid in there when everybody knows he's going to be the number one pick, just to gauge his reaction. It was infinitely pointless having Hanafin and Strome there when nobody knows for sure the order they'll be picked in. Again, what was the point? Eichel must be thrilled he stayed away from that clown show.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

I've seen a lot of now deleted posts that would change your mind on the mildness of the blowback

The mods probably were all hands on deck for this one :laugh:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

It's been brutal. The number of infractions given out tonight would shock you

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Say what? :amazed:

Leafs? Why?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

It was bad Soundwave, it was REALLY bad. The mods did a great job cleaning up the garbage.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
I've seen a lot of now deleted posts that would change your mind on the mildness of the blowback

The mods probably were all hands on deck for this one :laugh:

Yup. Props to the other mods that helped out. The traffic during the lottery to the site was insane.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I imagine, like most of the rest of the 12,000 Leafs fans filling the arena when they're in town, he's a migrant from Toronto or the child of someone who came from there.

He said his dad is an Oilers fan so we've ruled out genetic predisposition..:laugh:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

To be fair they lost out on Ekblad and McDavid while finishing 30th in 2 straight years. I get their anger.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Not too surprising. They just endured a horrible season, and unlike the Oilers, they didn't get the 1st overall payoff that Edmonton did in their intentional tanking years.

Bound to be a lot of rage directed at who they perceive to have blocked their just rewards.

They are going to get Eichel, who is quite close to McDavid in terms of sheer talent and ability. It's not that big of a dropoff, I am sure they will get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad