GDT: OILERS WIN LOTTERY 2.0! McDaaaaaaaaavid *****es!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
To be fair they lost out on Ekblad and McDavid while finishing 30th in 2 straight years. I get their anger.

This so much.

They have no lucky in lottery's. We have nothing but luck in these things.

I understand the hate. We deserve it.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
To be fair they lost out on Ekblad and McDavid while finishing 30th in 2 straight years. I get their anger.

They still get Eichel so there's no need for them to be salty.

Arizona fans on the other hand? Ouch. Killer for them and the chances of that franchise staying in Arizona. That's a fanbase that deserves to be angry.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm sorry, but if a generational player doesn't hit 100 points in his rookie season, we can pretty much declare him a bust

On a serious note, would be nice to see someone finally win the organizations first ROY award.

While 100 points is possible, keep in mind no one hit that mark this season. If he plays every game next season I'd be very happy with 70-80 points. Anything less would be a touch disappointing, anything more would be insane.

I've seen a lot of now deleted posts that would change your mind on the mildness of the blowback

The mods probably were all hands on deck for this one :laugh:

Yeah I haven't taken a look but I've dished out a dozen infractions or more today/tonight and all told there may has been as many as 40-50 infractions.

Yup. Props to the other mods that helped out. The traffic during the lottery to the site was insane.

We were busy, I checked in as much as I could but you were our MVP on this one, thanks Nuny! :yo:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Arizona fans on the other hand? Ouch. Killer for them and the chances of that franchise staying in Arizona. That's a fanbase that deserves to be angry.

Agreed, Eichel is one hell of a consolation prize.

McCrumb

Nov 13, 2005
Perfect time to can those two idiots. We are on the verge of a very big trade and we need someone else executing that transaction.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
They are going to get Eichel, who is quite close to McDavid in terms of sheer talent and ability. It's not that big of a dropoff, I am sure they will get over it.

Who knows what the future will holds, Eichel may even turn out to be the better player. Right now in the moment though, the prominent feeling they are probably suffering is that they missed out on the big prize.

As s7ark pointed out, second year in a row too, that's gotta hurt.

Amerksonian

Feb 28, 2007
Rochester, NY
I just went on the Sabres board and was shocked at the hate towards us :(

Decided not to post a friendly message there.

You went there during stage 2 of the process (Anger). They've already moved to stage 3 (Bargaining), contemplating what would it take to move up.

Personally I'm disappointed that Sabres' GM praised McDavid so highly while not considering Eichel at all, because it was always the likeliest outcome that Sabres would pick 2nd.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Who knows what the future will holds, Eichel may even turn out to be the better player. Right now in the moment though, the prominent feeling they are probably suffering is that they missed out on the big prize.

As s7ark pointed out, second year in a row too, that's gotta hurt.

IMO they really lost out on Ekblad because he's >> Reinhart. Eichel as you say could end up being the better or an equal player.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World

Ya I understand Arizona. But I thought the Sabres would still be in a joyous mood. They should be. Great year to get 29th!

Oh well, I don't wanna make our mods work any harder than they have to. Could only imagine the BS. Even I got a PM from some anon poster blasting me. I didn't have to but I replied diplomatically.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
IMO they really lost out on Ekblad because he's >> Reinhart. Eichel as you say could end up being the better or an equal player.

Yeah, Ekbald was a tough one. I was really disappointed when the Oilers didn't win the lottery last year, would have been absolutely perfect for the Oiler's defense.

Mcdavid is an ok consolation prize I guess though :laugh:

Trollmark*

I had no issues with Buffalo getting 1st overall.
Just hoped that Arizona or Toronto didn't.

I can't sleep. I'm still so excited that we won.

Never forget the magical numbers. 1-5-6-14. The lifeblood of the oil.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Everyone hates us and it's for the best reason :laugh:

Just enjoy the moment guys. We have the best prize in the NHL. :yo:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Gonna be interesting to see if McDavid is really the spark that can finally ignite Yakupov in a big way too.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Gonna be interesting to see if McDavid is really the spark that can finally ignite Yakupov in a big way too.

He's a pretty dynamic playmaker, so he should do well with him. Yak really seems to need that guy to get him the puck and set him up, which is probably why he works so well with Roy, but simply doesn't mesh with RNH who is as dependant on other people to make plays for him as Yak is.

Gives the team options though, wouldn't be at all surprised if Mcdavid ends up driving one line, and Hall the other.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Poor Roy may have just got screwed out of a return and I'm sure that Nail will feel sad about it as well unless he's connected at the hip to McDavid in which case his bridge deal will be a STEAL!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He's a pretty dynamic playmaker, so he should do well with him. Yak really seems to need that guy to get him the puck and set him up, which is probably why he works so well with Roy, but simply doesn't mesh with RNH who is as dependant on other people to make plays for him as Yak is.

Gives the team options though, wouldn't be at all surprised if Mcdavid ends up driving one line, and Hall the other.

I disagree on the bolded. That said McDavid will be our best offensive player basically from the word go. I'd love to see us trade for Lucic to give McDavid some protection and a net presence on his line.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Ya I know. Just being diplomatic. :)

I'm staying off the main boards for the most part.

Me too.

I honestly tried lurking around the main boards but it just got annoying and frustrating.

I'm going to stay on my home turf for the next few weeks. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad