Post-Game Talk: Oilers Win Game 1! Broken sticks and lucky deflections be damned!

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Ceci plays a #4 slot and he's worse than Vinnie.
agreed but on a % of importance 73 has to be in the bottom 3rd of the team.

ie if you had to pick 3 players to get hurt and disapear from the line up which players would have the least impact?

janmark, ryan, desharnais, ceci, carrick are on my list

i can say for sure its not 97-29-91-93-71-19-37-55 2-25-14-27-74

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
You knew it was going in. Don't even start Skinner next game. He screwed his team just like he did all last playoffs. Start Pikard. At least he can make a save and absorb rebounds.

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
Looks like it first came in in 2017, with some further changes to the chest protector a bit later. The NHL goalie equipment saga continues

You see a pretty quick jump in scoring in 2017. I'm not sure why it's continued to go up, but I wonder if there was some philosophy changes in offenses and lineups that took a few years to percolate.

View attachment 858719

The last time we had goal scoring above 3 per game was 05-06 which had a big bump with more powerplays (obstruction calls). Before that was 95-96.

Not to take anything away from the players. I think it's a bit of a copy cat league, but I remember when it was "holy crap McDavid broke 100 points!" and now we're getting back to with a bit more goals (and more total game) giving more opportunities for players to put up points. I am not complaining!
Coincides with the reduction in goalie equipment...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad