Post-Game Talk: Oilers Win Game 1! Broken sticks and lucky deflections be damned!

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Called out the clipping on the mains:

The only time Parros has ever been willing to suspend a player against the Oilers in the playoffs was when he could give a bullshit suspension to Nurse as well to "even it out".

Meanwhile the Oilers have faced supplemental discipline 5 times over the last two playoffs.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Not great ES but how can you say you weren’t impressed. PP or not that assist was unreal and that snipe on the game winner was unbelievable. Few players in the league can do that.
I don't even know about that. He was physical, he made a ton of plays, his line just couldn't find finish 5 on 5, they won their match up, which is huge, imo.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Stoked to chill and watch another night of playoffs with no stress, watch a Jays team that is actually winning and get ready for tomorrow

Wow Demko questionable for the series. That's quite the blow to the Canucks

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Not great ES but how can you say you weren’t impressed. PP or not that assist was unreal and that snipe on the game winner was unbelievable. Few players in the league can do that.
Fair enough. With his reputation as a "playoff beast," I just expected more I guess. Fortunately, the McDavid-Hyman show took over in Game 1. Hopefully he brings it in Game 2.

Reactions: McDoused

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I don't even know about that. He was physical, he made a ton of plays, his line just couldn't find finish 5 on 5, they won their match up, which is huge, imo.
I agree. He also still needs to be keyed in on at all times which can take some focus off of McDavids line. I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes off next game.

He also set up nuge for a goal Stortini could have scored haha.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I agree. He also still needs to be keyed in on at all times which can take some focus off of McDavids line. I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes off next game.

He also set up nuge for a goal Stortini could have scored haha.
I'm still shocked that didn't go in. The Oilers scored 7 and could have close to 10 with a couple of the missed open nets lol.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Skinner really was great.
Both of those goals against were the fault of Ceci and Nurse. All Nurse has to do is lift his skate.
He is such a dummy.
I dont know wtf Ceci was trying to do...lol
I'm a little more charitable. Hockey is a high speed game of mistakes with high chaos and randomness. Ceci reaction time is like a second from 'oh shit broken stick' to reacting to it. His reaction followed his brain which was directing a safe, controlled cross ice pass to d-partner. Stick breaks, opposing forward closing, and impulse and reflex takes over. Bad break following a dumb luck puck off Nurse's foot. The game's always easier and slower from our cozy vantage points.

Ceci played a pretty solid game including amping up some physicality.

Upside is this bad luck happened winding down a dominant win. Perhaps Ceci (and fellow defenders) check their sticks next time they are in a critical moment situation and mitigate one area of risk.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm a little more charitable. Hockey is a high speed game of mistakes with high chaos and randomness. Ceci reaction time is like a second from 'oh shit broken stick' to reacting to it. His reaction followed his brain which was directing a safe, controlled cross ice pass to d-partner. Stick breaks, opposing forward closing, and impulse and reflex takes over. Bad break following a dumb luck puck off Nurse's foot. The game's always easier and slower from our cozy vantage points.

Ceci played a pretty solid game including amping up some physicality.

Upside is this bad luck happened winding down a dominant win. Perhaps Ceci (and fellow defenders) check their sticks next time they are in a critical moment situation and mitigate one area of risk.
Thats a totally fair take on both of those plays.
Ceci was definitely in panic mode after a his stick shattered and its a shame because he played a strong game.

On the Nurse own goal he had time on that play to properly react. That was a floater into the slot by PLD. Nurse had time to either lift his foot or turn his foot and stop the puck.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Thats a totally fair take on both of those plays.
Ceci was definitely in panic mode after a his stick shattered and its a shame because he played a strong game.

On the Nurse own goal he had time on that play to properly react. That was a floater into the slot by PLD. Nurse had time to either lift his foot or turn his foot and stop the puck.
That was a lazy reaction by Nurse. Most players, even young players, will at least try to lift a leg and get out of the way.

Nurse is too good to move. Puck can move for Nurse.

Reactions: McDoused and guymez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad