Post-Game Talk: Oilers Win Game 1! Broken sticks and lucky deflections be damned!

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
What are the highlights?

That they’ll bounce back the next game with 6 goals off random skates?
Stuff like this 6F8534D5-FF49-4A3B-B0E5-3F7538E6DA52.jpeg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Drive you know I agree with you but the funniest thing was I was talking about our first line and 14-2 😂. Not even the PP.

I questioned Henrique on the 1st line but I'll happily eat crow.

I'm sure I'll get guff for this but I'd put our top 5v5 unit (even without Draisaitl!) against anybody in the entire league
This is what henrique affords the Oilers now. People sleeping on how good he is with the right situation. henrique so intelligent, strong on pucks, can make quick cycle passing plays. he not only completes that line he allows us to drop Nuge with Drai. So that we have two centers on each of our top two lines. its hard to deal with.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This is the guy not delivering for LA. Is on topsix CONSTANTLY in LA, on top PP unit constantly and can't even go PPG with top talent. he was the worst player on the PLD line tonight by miles. He'll playa game like that and then have another in a series where he scores two goals and looks like a superstar. he didn't make one good play tonight.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
At least we didn't have to hear anybody talk about whether or not McDrai were going to be able to go up against Danault and Kopitar this year like the last 2.

Still funny to me how Danault earned himself a reputation as some sort of elite shutdown wizard all because he got away with murder in the bubble on the Habs.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So do we see Rittich next game?
Its gotta be hell for Talbot playing in Edmonton now. The fans hate him to begin with (not sure they should) and all the Oilers have practiced and scrimmaged against him and have every book on him. Cam is dead in the water playing us. He's not young enough to make great reaction stops either. Not gonna be good enough.

The fans might even have been getting to Cam last night. That doesn't often happen in Pros but it had to kind of bug him how much the crowd were mocking him. It was taking turns getting at Doughty or Cam Talbot.

of course the Oilers have clowned Rittich too and people hate him too here. Kings really needed to get somebody else or NOT play us.

Reactions: McDoused

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017
This is what henrique affords the Oilers now. People sleeping on how good he is with the right situation. henrique so intelligent, strong on pucks, can make quick cycle passing plays. he not only completes that line he allows us to drop Nuge with Drai. So that we have two centers on each of our top two lines. its hard to deal with.
I always viewed him as a nuge 2.0, which you can't go wrong with. super responsible 2 way player with some offense

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
It’s actually f***ing hilarious that in a move that apparently was made to try and get better to beat the Oilers, they traded Iafallo and Vilardi (two players that gave us problems) for that absolute bum Pierre Luc Dubois. It’s laughable how bad he is.

Best game from our bottom 6 the whole season. The first 30 mins of the game was top end, but when we went up 4-0 was stepped off the pedal a bit, but not too far. A few details to clean up I think, especially off face offs, but did what we needed to do and I think demoralized them. It’s absolutely critical we come out hot again on Wednesday and continue to put the pedal down.
What is worse? Picking Jesse Puljujarvi and getting nothing or picking PLD? What would we have done with PLD?

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
And holy crap I want Klim back next year. Him wearing his own jersey to the game is awesome
It’s kinda pathetic and sad actually. It’s not like he’s retired or something. This is an active player, under contract with a rival team showing up to the game wearing the wrong jersey. He could have been here on the ice making himself useful. Chose otherwise. Oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad