Post-Game Talk: Oilers Win Game 1! Broken sticks and lucky deflections be damned!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
PLD sucks. That trade was a disaster.
Everybody hates him. Its kind of funny. The contract looks hurting right now but once Kopitar is done it'll work out Ok for price range. PLD will be getting the topline gig. he works fine with Kempe and Byfield as well.

I think it possible only JT is hated more than PLD. lol

Will be curious to see if Moore is around for game 2. Won't be surprised if the league doesn't have anything to say tomorrow.
Sure could be a suspension. I hope the Oilers send memo to look at that as well. No place for that kind of submarine in hockey. I mean its purposeful. Very dangerous play. Somebody took my knee out with that very play.

Reactions: McDoused

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Its one game. Sure hope nobody is going to go over and troll. Keep it clean. Again I love this series. its not like we're playing Calgary Flamers. Kings at least get the Oilers putting their game faces on.

lol I don't troll other teams boards. But that probably won't stop mods from infracting me for no good reason anyways.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Everybody hates him. Its kind of funny. The contract looks hurting right now but once Kopitar is done it'll work out Ok for price range. PLD will be getting the topline gig. he works fine with Kempe and Byfield as well.

Sure could be a suspension. I hope the Oilers send memo to look at that as well. No place for that kind of submarine in hockey. I mean its purposeful. Very dangerous play. Somebody took my knee out with that very play.
Kings really blew it in getting rid of Iafallo and Vilardi. Not a good move.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

It was just a dumb move by the team. You take a guy who’s whined his way off two teams and gut your depth to do it. Kings were a way more dangerous team with Kupari, Durzi, Vilardi and Iafallo. Terrible terrible trade that set the team back. Winnipeg is laughing.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Archibald missed a game for a near identical play against Winnipeg in the bubble. Got 2 minutes for tripping but then the league suspended him a game for "clipping."

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers completely broke down the Kings PK with video. They’re gonna force the Kings to go into a wider diamond and that will open up the seam passes.
The diamond is just a bad idea against us. it serves no purpose and doesn't take away our plays. Doesn't take the Drai one timer, doesn't take the Hyman far post, doesn't take our passes across. We work the puck downlow so much on PP that a diamond is not a great idea; its like your purposely limiting to one defender where all the action is. Kings could have God on D and that shizzle wouldn't work against us. it works against most other clubs. Not against the Oilers.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
It’s actually f***ing hilarious that in a move that apparently was made to try and get better to beat the Oilers, they traded Iafallo and Vilardi (two players that gave us problems) for that absolute bum Pierre Luc Dubois. It’s laughable how bad he is.

Best game from our bottom 6 the whole season. The first 30 mins of the game was top end, but when we went up 4-0 was stepped off the pedal a bit, but not too far. A few details to clean up I think, especially off face offs, but did what we needed to do and I think demoralized them. It’s absolutely critical we come out hot again on Wednesday and continue to put the pedal down.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Kings really blew it in getting rid of Iafallo and Vilardi. Not a good move.
Iafallo is 30 now and just a soft cycle player. He doesn't move much and frankly isn't better than Laferriere. I like Vilardi very much, his history though is he's just injured so often and misses half the games. Vilardi also has a back injury history that just doesn't bode well in hockey. If Villardi somehow stays healthy then yeah. But kings were fed up waiting several years for him to be healthy.

With PLD they get a potential top line C, those are never cheap, and one that hits like a bull, that is strong as hell and can even defend. watch the play where he takes out McD. he plays Mcd on a one on one rush so well, and then takes him out and takes the puck. Not even Doughty did that more than once today.

People don't understand what a Power forward Center can bring to a team. PLD and Byfield and Kempe are the best players on the Kings going forward. Fiala was botching plays all game. Of course that was PLD that fed him the sweet pass right in the slot. That Fiala f***ed up. Fed him multiple times.

PlD made 4 zone exits today when Kings were in trouble and nobody notices. Not accidental he was +1. He was actually the Kings best player all game. Probably not saying much. Arviddson was -3 and losing puck battles, blowing chances, and leaving zones without puck.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
There is zero % chance Moore will miss any time. It's LA, bruh.

As much as LA was dominated let's not forget the glove goal called off. Oilers had their usual 2nd period nap and LA was coming on. That really decided the game for me I think going into the 3rd. But 4-2 going into the 3rd isn't quite as tight.

Skinner night and day difference from Game 1 last year. Really composed.

Our top 5 unit is just unbelievable.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
There is zero % chance Moore will miss any time. It's LA, bruh.

As much as LA was dominated let's not forget the glove goal called off. Oilers had their usual 2nd period nap and LA was coming on. That really decided the game for me I think going into the 3rd. But 4-2 going into the 3rd isn't quite as tight.

Skinner night and day difference from Game 1 last year. Really composed.

Our top 5 unit is just unbelievable.
Its the best PP ever. All my years of watching hockey never seen one better that has so many looks and options and makes so many down low plays. Often times in first 15secs of PP with a won faceoff we already have two glorious chances. Nobody else does what this PP does.

F*** Moore for that absolute scumbag hit. That should be a suspension.

And holy crap I want Klim back next year. Him wearing his own jersey to the game is awesome
Kostin was at the game? nice.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Iafallo is 30 now and just a soft cycle player. He doesn't move much and frankly isn't better than Laferriere. I like Vilardi very much, his history though is he's just injured so often and misses half the games. Vilardi also has a back injury history that just doesn't bode well in hockey. If Villardi somehow stays healthy then yeah. But kings were fed up waiting several years for him to be healthy.

With PLD they get a potential top line C, those are never cheap, and one that hits like a bull, that is strong as hell and can even defend. watch the play where he takes out McD. he plays Mcd on a one on one rush so well, and then takes him out and takes the puck. Not even Doughty did that more than once today.

People don't understand what a Power forward Center can bring to a team. PLD and Byfield and Kempe are the best players on the Kings going forward. Fiala was botching plays all game. Of course that was PLD that fed him the sweet pass right in the slot. That Fiala f***ed up. Fed him multiple times.

PlD made 4 zone exits today when Kings were in trouble and nobody notices. Not accidental he was +1. He was actually the Kings best player all game. Probably not saying much. Arviddson was -3 and losing puck battles, blowing chances, and leaving zones without puck.
Dubois was getting matched against the Perry line and got caved 5on5.

That’s… not good lol.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Its the best PP ever. All my years of watching hockey never seen one better that has so many looks and options and makes so many down low plays. Often times in first 15secs of PP with a won faceoff we already have two glorious chances. Nobody else does what this PP does.

Kostin was at the game? nice.
Drive you know I agree with you but the funniest thing was I was talking about our first line and 14-2 😂. Not even the PP.

I questioned Henrique on the 1st line but I'll happily eat crow.

I'm sure I'll get guff for this but I'd put our top 5v5 unit (even without Draisaitl!) against anybody in the entire league

Reactions: nally and McDoused

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Dubois was getting matched against the Perry line and got caved 5on5.
bs. He also got the DRai line, got some of the McD line, and had some own zone shifts with McDrai loaded up on two shifts. Won critical faceoffs too.

Dubois tonight was mostly with Fiala and Byfield. That worked find despite Faila f***ing up all the time. But once he got Arviddson who just awful in this game it went south a bit. Arviddson looked very dangerous but he had a poor game and lost a lot of pucks and was not where he was supposed to be on a lot of plays.

Anytime its Byfield and Dubois it works. Only an idiot would move away from that. Hiller isn't that much of a coach either. I see he's only interim. I doubt that changes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad