Post-Game Talk: Oilers win 2-1: Overcoming Adversity.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Your dad sounds like a ringer. Good stuff. Memories that last forever.

Man that game was something. I thought the roof would come off. I've been to two SC winning games and several concerts and I don't know I've ever heard it louder.

There were two virtual explosions of enthusiasm in the game, when we tied late, and then the OT winner. But the build up in the 3rd and between 3rd and OT was incredible. There was an energy in the building the whole time after the Oilers scored the first goal. I believe it was 3-0 Dallas at one point.

It seemed liked the building and atmosphere just swallowed up the stars and allowed the Oil to take over. It was like the crowd giving the hometeam the PP the entire 3rd period and OT. Incredible game. Dallas lost their vaunted composure, and ultimately series, by blowing that game and everbody there sensed what was upcoming.

I was away at college watching that game. That was when i started to become an Oiler fan, the passion of the fans and the guts of that team really drew me in. That game in particular was unreal, such a wide range of emotions over such a short period of time. The Oilers have a habit of doing to us over the years, don't they?

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Ducks Fan here but don't shoot :)

Congrats on your win. Gotta say I have no understanding whatsoever why Yakupov is getting any heat at all for his celebration. I thought it was awesome and I love the passion the kid has for the game. I heard on TSN that the problem people have with him is that he drew attention to himself. I say so what? The guy made the highlight reel on sports networks and brought some attention to the NHL. Probably got more exposed on ESPN than the LA Kings winning the cup.

So basically just voicing my support for Yakupov. I'd totally wish him and your team all the best for the future if there wasn't that J.Schultz thing. Don't suppose you guys want to give him to us for free because of Schultz? :D

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I'm a little surprised that we all aren't a little bit more excited about what happened last night. Yes - I know we're excited, but we should be even MORE excited.

We're witnessing the transition of a young team from doormats to contenders. It's what we've been waiting for after years of tanking, and it's happening right before our eyes. We've all dreamed of the kinds of epic feats that are about to happen on a nightly basis here, and now the dreams will slowly become reality over the next two to three years.

I suspect a lot of us are still in eternal pessimism mode, just waiting for the other shoe to drop and the rebuild to blow up. And hey, that still might happen. But we should enjoy the journey, because that's what makes the destination so much more gratifying in the end.

I'd go the other way - most of us were over the moon, but don't really want to be branded as braggarts by visiting fans of other teams. Message boards by definition are more about gripes than boasts, as people are more apt to celebrate with friends instead of online.

I saw more people out and about in Oilers jerseys yesterday than I have since the 2006 run. Some actual Oilers pride from a fanbase that has had its face shoved in the mud after each and every glimmer of hope in the last six years.

That said, it was one game. One game after a 6GA first period. I think we're all hopeful but grounded in reality.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Great game . It had a Hollywood storybook finish . But the good guys won . I think the hockey gods are starting to smile on us again

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Ducks Fan here but don't shoot :)

Congrats on your win. Gotta say I have no understanding whatsoever why Yakupov is getting any heat at all for his celebration. I thought it was awesome and I love the passion the kid has for the game. I heard on TSN that the problem people have with him is that he drew attention to himself. I say so what? The guy made the highlight reel on sports networks and brought some attention to the NHL. Probably got more exposed on ESPN than the LA Kings winning the cup.

So basically just voicing my support for Yakupov. I'd totally wish him and your team all the best for the future if there wasn't that J.Schultz thing. Don't suppose you guys want to give him to us for free because of Schultz? :D
Schultz was just part of the Pronger deal ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad