Confirmed with Link: Oilers will buyout Korpikoski

sportsdynasty

Mar 31, 2011
www.nhltraderumors.me
So trade for a player that has looked dead for the last 2 seasons then. I watched a lot of Yotes hockey (because of Gagner) Korpse was the worst player on that club the year Chia signed him. Chia could deal for any bottomsix player, picks korpse:help:

I never watched Korpse play on the Coyotes. I watched most Oilers games last season, and he was the best bottom 6 player - better than Cracknell, Gazdic, Hendricks, Kassian, Lander, Letestu, Pakarinen and Yakupov.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Korpse was a possession disaster. Chia has enough confidence to move on from mistakes. The worst thing a manager can do is protect sunk costs that have failed.

The other thing to consider is that he did korpse a favour. There was no,way he was making the team this year. Now he can try to find another team or go to Europe. Korpse may not be a bonifide NHL player but he has some years left if he wants

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Then saddled Yak to Letestu most of the year thus rendering another #1 pick to the scrap heap. go oilers.

The chance of getting 5EV assists in a season from Letestu is remote due to his passing *ability*.

Team could have stayed the course with Roy, Gordon. Thus Yak still producing, and we still have a 4th line.

Change for the sake of change, not even, bottomsix was arguably worse.

Where does Roy play? In Draisatl's spot?

I'm having trouble finding Roy's stats from last year. Where did he play again?

Yak also played with Letestu exactly 33 minutes more than he played with McDavid. Just so we can be clear he wasn't saddled to a garbage heap for most of the year.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Where does Roy play? In Draisatl's spot?

I'm having trouble finding Roy's stats from last year. Where did he play again?

Roy was on quasi 3rd line with Yak. (I say quasi because with all the injuries it wasn't as clear at all times) Most of the time he was here that's where he was. Having 3 go lines is something that has been modeled by top clubs and no reason not to do it. For an offensive club anyway we may as well have 3 offensive lines and one defensive line.

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Roy was on quasi 3rd line with Yak. (I say quasi because with all the injuries it wasn't as clear at all times) Most of the time he was here that's where he was. Having 3 go lines is something that has been modeled by top clubs and no reason not to do it. For an offensive club anyway we may as well have 3 offensive lines and one defensive line.

So Roy plays instead of RNH?

Your centres last year are McDavid, Draisatl, RNH, and Letestu. Who does Roy replace?

And no, last year Derek Roy signed a PTO with Washigton, got cut, couldn't get a contract with a single NHL team, and played in the Swiss league.

Sure sounds like the answer to Yakupov's woes, though.

Last edited:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
So Roy plays instead of RNH?

Your centres last year are McDavid, Draisatl, RNH, and Letestu. Who does Roy replace?

And no, last year Derek Roy signed a PTO with Washigton, got cut, couldn't get a contract with a single NHL team, and played in the Swiss league.

Sure sound like the answer to Yakupov's woes, though.

Yaks production while with Roy was good. 20pts in 28GP together and much of that EV.

You asked, and I replied.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Kind of a weird move. If he wasn't good enough to hold down a spot this year he could of just been buried and only would of cost 1.5M against the cap this season and then done. I think we would of been better off absorbing that 1.5 this season rather then the following one.

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Yaks production while with Roy was good. 20pts in 28GP together and much of that EV.

You asked, and I replied.

I asked where Derek Roy played last year.

He played in Europe. Not a single NHL team would touch him, but you want him on the Oilers third line so Yak might play ok?

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Kind of a weird move. If he wasn't good enough to hold down a spot this year he could of just been buried and only would of cost 1.5M against the cap this season and then done. I think we would of been better off absorbing that 1.5 this season rather then the following one.

It makes me think they plan to spend to the cap which is kinda scary.

Either its a nice guy move or they want cap space this season.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I asked where Derek Roy played last year.

He played in Europe. Not a single NHL team would touch him, but you want him on the Oilers third line so Yak might play ok?

I thought you meant last year Roy was here. I should've known you were being sarcastic with the question.

next time I won't respond

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Gotta give Replacement some credit here. He took some heat for it but he was bang on about Korpikoski right from the start.

I never liked dealing him for Gordon who I really liked but I didn't know he was going to be this bad.

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
I thought you meant last year Roy was here. I should've known you were being sarcastic with the question.

next time I won't respond

I just don't get how you would want a player who couldn't even make a single NHL roster, a centre at that, as a third line player so a very troubled player might hav a shot to 30 points.

Yak's number with Roy were still horrific defensively and he didn't get anywhere near 20ES points in 28 games.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
I never watched Korpse play on the Coyotes. I watched most Oilers games last season, and he was the best bottom 6 player - better than Cracknell, Gazdic, Hendricks, Kassian, Lander, Letestu, Pakarinen and Yakupov.

Yes weird move. He wasn't the worst bottom 6 player by a long shot. Klickhammer was the worst. Gazdic should be gone.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Korpse was better than his advanced stats said. Had some big goals for us.

Not surprised he is bought out tho because he was certainly overpaid for what he did bring.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Gotta give Replacement some credit here. He took some heat for it but he was bang on about Korpikoski right from the start.

I never liked dealing him for Gordon who I really liked but I didn't know he was going to be this bad.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I respect a fair bit of what Replacement says but he picks players and either hates or loves them with no apparent rationalization.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

I respect a fair bit of what Replacement says but he picks players and either hates or loves them with no apparent rationalization.

You mean Arcobello right? ;)

Seriously, name 5 players I've picked on that were actually any good here. Should be easy peasy.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
You mean Arcobello right? ;)

Lol, touché.

Arco is an AHL superstar. Solid two way player in the NHL but just too small and slow for his game to translate to the nhl enough to matter.

I take him or Purcell every day over Gagner or Yak. Purcell being the only legit NHL player of the bunch. So far anyways.

I think Yak can turn his career around just think it's highly unlikely to happen in Edmonton.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004

Why does everyone talk about Replacement? I could care less what he says. Maybe these posts are from him using another id.?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Why does everyone talk about Replacement? I could care less what he says. Maybe these posts are from him using another id.?

Its hard being hf Seinfeld.

You want more attention? You can have it. ;)

I haven't changed my name ever here, have never used an alias, never posted on a second account, and I've used the same username on other boards.

Sorry that I'm familiar.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Lol, touché.

Arco is an AHL superstar. Solid two way player in the NHL but just too small and slow for his game to translate to the nhl enough to matter.

I take him or Purcell every day over Gagner or Yak. Purcell being the only legit NHL player of the bunch. So far anyways.

I think Yak can turn his career around just think it's highly unlikely to happen in Edmonton.

Arco played hard. In the end similar problem as Gagner. In the WC particularly its harder and harder to be a smaller player in the game.

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
One thing is for sure, both Korpikoski and Letestu were infinitely more effective than Boyd Girdon was last season.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

Because he has frequently, in detail (none of this short LOL X PLAYER SUX and never back it up), and has been around a long time. He also, by my eye, has been right far more often than almost all our other long time posters here (like on korpikoski). He's not perfect but I always appreciate his thoughts.

Edit: I hope he ends up wrong about McLellan though because I know I liked that signing a lot more than him lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad