GDT: Oilers@Wild - 6 PM - I like my GDT like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
An Oilers game, late to the party and a little underwhelming at times that makes you question your sanity.

PREVIEW

OILERS at WILD
WATCH:
6:00 p.m. MT; televised on Sportsnet One
Oilers Team Scope
The Edmonton Oilers scored five goals on Wednesday night in the Windy City to provide the buffer they needed to hold off a late surge from the Chicago Blackhawks.
With the Oilers up 4-1 on Mattias Janmark's first goal as an Oiler midway through the third period, the Blackhawks scored twice in 19 seconds before Leon Draisaitl elevated Edmonton back to a two-goal lead after converting a 2-on-1 with Connor McDavid.
Chicago was given the platform to equalize with a four-minute high-sticking penalty to Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in the final five minutes that Max Domi took advantage of, scoring his second power-play goal of the game to make it 5-4, but thanks to a late Stuart Skinner save the Oilers held on to secure their third straight win.
Thursday's meeting with the Wild wraps up back-to-back games for Edmonton before they begin a four-game homestand at Rogers Place on Saturday versus the Montreal Canadiens.

Happy Jesse = Wild players needing ice packs. (Just random, its the picture from an interview for the preview I copied.)
cut.jpg

POST-RAW | Puljujarvi 11.30.22​

Wild Team Scope
Kirill Kaprizov extended his point streak to an NHL career-high nine games with a goal and two assists in Sunday's 4-3 win over the Arizona Coyotes.
"To be honest, I don't really think to think about that or criticize or talk about my game when it's going well," Kaprizov said through a Russian interpreter. "I just kind of play and let the media you yourselves tell me if I'm doing better or not. I focus on my game and just doing the best I can."
The Wild received goals from Sam Steel, Jared Spurgeon and Matt Boldy, while Joel Eriksson Ek had two assists for Minnesota. Minnesota is 10-9-2 and has won three of their past four games.
"We have to respect [Arizona], but we wanted to respect who we were, too," Wild Head Coach Dean Evason said. "We thought for the most part we did that. There were a couple of minutes there that we let down, but that team works their butts off and they kept coming. They're a gritty group, and they got a couple of real good looks and were able to score at the end. We were for the most part real happy with our game."

By The Numbers
Draisaitl has four goals in a three-game goal streak and six goals in six games. Draisaitl scored his 43rd game-opening goal to pass Glenn Anderson for fourth in Oilers history... McDavid (18 goals, 23 assists) reached 40 points in 23 games or fewer for the fourth time (21 games, 2021-22; 22 games, 2020-21; 22 games, 2019-20)... Edmonton forward Tyler Benson had one hit in 6:11 in his season debut after being recalled from Bakersfield of the American Hockey League on Sunday... Nurse played his 500th NHL game...
Kaprizov has an assist in eight straight games, tying Jim Dowd (2001-02) for the longest in Minnesota history... Zane McIntyre, who was recalled from Iowa of the American Hockey League on Saturday, backed up Marc-Andre Fleury... Filip Gustavsson sustained an upper-body injury in practice on Saturday but returned to practice on Tuesday. … Wild defenseman Jonas Brodin had one assist, one shot, and three blocked shots in 17:57 of ice time after missing the previous two games with an illness. … Eriksson Ek has seven points (two goals, five assists) in his past five games...

Injury Report
OILERS - Oscar Klefbom (shoulder) is on IR; Mike Smith (undisclosed) is on IR; Evander Kane (wrist) is on IR; Ryan McLeod (undisclosed) is on IR; Kailer Yamamoto (undisclosed) is on IR.
WILD - Jonas Brodin (lower body) is day-to-day; Filip Gustavsson (lower body) is on IR; Brandon Duhaime (upper body) is on IR; Ryan Hartman (upper body) is on IR; Pavel Novak (illness) is on IR.
-- Jamie Umbach, EdmontonOilers.com

by Jamie Umbach @JamieUmbach / EdmontonOilers.com

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I feel like we actually do really well on the second half of back to backs.

But the only relevant stat tonight is that this game is being played in Minny and is therefore an automatic loss.

Reactions: Oilhawks

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I feel like we actually do really well on the second half of back to backs.

But the only relevant stat tonight is that this game is being played in Minny and is therefore an automatic loss.

Without looking at any data to back it up I believe this is true as well.

This team has very short memories. Any kind of momentum gained or hard lessons learned usually disappear from their conscience within 48 hours. Back to backs keep everything fresh.

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
I had plans to wander into the forest to perform a mystic ritual in order to summon the Bison King back to full strength, but it was too cold out.

So I sat on the couch all day eating chips and re-watching The Sopranos instead.

Hoping for the best, but maaaaan I always hate playing the Wild.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I had plans to wander into the forest to perform a mystic ritual in order to summon the Bison King back to full strength, but it was too cold out.

So I sat on the couch all day eating chips and re-watching The Sopranos instead.

Hoping for the best, but maaaaan I always hate playing the Wild.
Great now Puljujarvi won't score and its all your fault. :cool:

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
It's December 1... TIS THE SEASON!

Campbell is starting, it's the 2nd of a back to back and it's in Minnesota. Uhhhhh hehe... Can we just forfeit? :confused:

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Find a way to keep the winning streak going. Good teams find ways to win.

Black Gold Extractor

May 4, 2010
Will we face an actual former Vezina winner tonight (Fleury), or will we face the backup (who will invariably perform like a Vezina winner with help from posts)?

Find out tonight!

Reactions: BlackDogg

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
These wild games feels like predators games back during trotz era

I'm not even looking forward to the game because I know it's going to be frustrating

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Let’s flip the script this year against the Wild. Who are more Mild this year than Wild. Time to win all 3 games, starts tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad