CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
imma just get mad right now, punch my couch and move on. no need to watch

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I'll add stuff in a second

no hurry. put the same effort most of the oilers put in.

5-2 for the wild.
only half the team tries and you'll be able to see the Oilers make at least 2 bonehead plays per period which result in 3 of the goals.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
maxresdefault.jpg

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
2 - 0 Wild EN.

Bold prediction: Minnesota fans post in the PGT arguing that they aren't a trap team and haven't been for years.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Players to watch this game: Coyle, Spurgeon, Neiderreiter.

Minny is desperate for a young #1 C. They'd be interested in Draisaitl and RNH, surely.

edit: Anyone else sick of Drew Remenda? Why is he a commentator for the Oilers? He sounds like a Flames fan. He's constantly arguing against every Oilers player sans McDavid. What's up with that?

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton

Minny is desperate for a young #1 C. They'd be interested in Draisaitl and RNH, surely.

edit: Anyone else sick of Drew Remenda? Why is he a commentator for the Oilers? He sounds like a Flames fan. He's constantly arguing against every Oilers player sans McDavid. What's up with that?

Because we're apathetic to everything but the commentators

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

maybe McDavid will impress them a bit :help:

They have no one worth RNH or Draisiatl.

Hopefully Schultz, Lander and Purcell impress the scouts enough tonight.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
This is the first game in about 3 months I plan to watch in it's entirety. Gonna be pretty boring but hopefully we can pull out the win

duul

Jun 21, 2010
maybe McDavid will impress them a bit :help:

They have no one worth RNH or Draisiatl.

Hopefully Schultz, Lander and Purcell impress the scouts enough tonight.

Spurgeon and Coyle for RNH would be a deal I could get behind. Or, Coyle and Neiderreiter and we offersheet a Barrie in the offseason somehow.

Coyle is very good. He's heavily underrated here. Watch him dominate along the boards. Big guy, very fast, strong. He's a solid player.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
My prediction?

Go to Google Images and type in 'Anaconda'...any numbers of pics in there should aptly describe how this game's going to go.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

Oiler fans sit around complaining about how every player except Macdavid sucks on the worst team in the NHL; why would you think it weird that a media guy has a similar love/hate relationship with a team he has to cover 60+ times a year?

Seems like he's in a no win situation at best regardless. If he sits around complimenting the team, everyone will complain that he's a massive homer who is out of touch with the realities of how bad the team is, if not outright accuse him of being a shill for the Oilers. If he's critical of the team(which any honest commenter of the team would be considering how bad they are), he's apparently sounds like a flames fan and/or is biased for every other team in the NHL.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
My prediction?

Go to Google Images and type in 'Anaconda'...any numbers of pics in there should aptly describe how this game's going to go.

I'm going to assume lots of Nikki Minaj's ass

Even if I were at home, no thanks :D

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Oiler fans sit around complaining about how every player except Macdavid sucks on the worst team in the NHL; why would you think it weird that a media guy has a similar love/hate relationship with a team he has to cover 60+ times a year?

Seems like he's in a no win situation at best regardless. If he sits around complimenting the team, everyone will complain that he's a massive homer who is out of touch with the realities of how bad the team is, if not outright accuse him of being a shill for the Oilers. If he's critical of the team(which any honest commenter of the team would be considering how bad they are), he's apparently sounds like a flames fan and/or is biased for every other team in the NHL.

Bold: Because we are fans, and he is a supposed professional. There should be different standards for the two, and rightly so.

Regarding the second paragraph, people would love to have him somewhere in the middle of being a total homer, or a total hater. Is that too much to ask? I think most people want the broadcast team to be fair, and even. And Remenda goes farther than just normal criticism. He has his go to goat in Yakupov to attack regardless of the situation, he takes the stance against the Oilers more often than not, and fawns over the other team all game. It's one thing to be critical, it's another thing entirely to do what Remenda does. Don't you remember him calling the SJ series on CBC during our Cup run? The guy was calling a Canadian team on HNIC for the playoffs, and ragging on us while cheering for the Sharks. The guy is a bum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad