Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Vancouver - Hardwired to Self Destruct

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
As much as I want to be positive before the season starts, I can’t help but feeling some trepidation.

Vancouver has really hurried up their rebuild this off season while we are rebuilding the rebuild of the first rebuild.

So here is a musical synopsis of how I think Game 1 and the season goes.

But I’ll be cheering them on regardless. Go Oilers!

4-2 bad guys:help:

Last edited:

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
I'm so tired of dropping games to the Canucks. We don't have many divisional games for the first six weeks or so of the season, so this one is doubly important.

Hopefully if we do lose this, it'll be because we were flat-out outplayed, and not due to a shoddy goaltending performance or a couple catastrophic brainfarts that sink us.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Generally not overly optimistic anything Oilers related, but I think we come out on the good side of this. Oilers 3-0

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I lost a lot of my optimism towards the Oilers after we let Burdasov walk and sent Gagner to the minors. I trust Holland so I hope I’m wrong about those two players.

I guess we pull it off 5-2 win?

Reactions: ujju2

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Jurco is already out.

NINTCHDBPICT000494851068.jpg

here we go

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I lost a lot of my optimism towards the Oilers after we let Burdasov walk and sent Gagner to the minors. I trust Holland so I hope I’m wrong about those two players.

I guess we pull it off 5-2 win?
Two fringe NHLers that no one else picked up lost your optimism?

I guess there is a case for why Gagner didn't get picked up on waivers, but Burdasov was heavily scouted by other teams before coming over this year. Those clubs didn't even bother picking him up on a tryout.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Jurco is already out.

Assuming this is something they’ve known about for more than a day, it seems weird to have sent gags down and to have not put in a claim on anyone.

Maybe it’s something that just came up though. Wonder what the timeline is going to be.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think I hate losing to the Canucks more than I do the Flames at this point.
I agree, Flames fans seem less cocky to me so it seems easier to handle. Nuck fans have never won anything and haven't made the playoffs in 5 years. Yet they sure like to act like they've won numerous cups and are a contender year after year.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Assuming this is something they’ve known about for more than a day, it seems weird to have sent gags down and to have not put in a claim on anyone.

Maybe it’s something that just came up though. Wonder what the timeline is going to be.
Tippett was quoted somewhere in saying he didn't want to risk losing Patrick Russell at this point.

That and I don't see him as a guy going on IR yet, so it might just be a few days. If it's not then I suspect either Gagner or someone in Bakersfield will get a shot.

It's not like if you wanted Ho-Sang it would be hard to get him from the Isles.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I agree, Flames fans seem less cocky to me so it seems easier to handle. Nuck fans have never won anything and haven't made the playoffs in 5 years. Yet they sure like to act like they've won numerous cups and are a contender year after year.
I also have no problem admitting the Flames are simply the better team at this point.

But getting lapped by Vancouver would sting.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Despite being a terrible team for such a long time, Edmonton usually wins their home opener outside that 4 year aberration early in the decade, so they'll win this one. But despite a soft schedule to start, I doubt they can win enough to keep above .500.

Reactions: Aerchon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad