Not open for further replies.

Grey Poupon*

Cashmere Thoughts
Nov 25, 2016
Charlestown, MA
Bring Him Home!

BUILDUP

http://oilersnation.com/2017/1/6/taylor-hall-set-to-face-his-former-team
http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2017/01/devils_taylor_hall_entering_super-strange_1st_meet.html
https://www.thestar.com/sports/hock...having-a-devil-of-a-time-after-the-trade.html
http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...edmonton-wanted-to-see-it-through-with-oilers

ejej4z.jpg

2lxi3c0.jpg

raw

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

27yu4if.jpg

rembrandt139.JPG

Last edited:

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I think the Oilers have enough functional toughness throughout the lineup. Gazdic would be a luxury at this point and not a need. Jersey can keep him.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
I think most people don't know what the prodigal means.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Would be hilarious if Hall yells at Eberle for the puck and the latter passes it to him:laugh:

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
I just listened to a 15 minute clip of Taylor Hall on the Gregor show - great interview. I've gotta say Taylor might give the most thoughtful and candid interview of any NHLer right now. Some very interesting perspectives on the differences in travel and style of play East vs. West. Also talked a lot about his new life style and how the Devils need to play to be successful. My opinion on the trade means nothing for this post - just wanted to show appreciation for a maturing young hockey player with a promising future as an athlete and an intelligent and balanced head on his shoulders.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I miss Hall.

To bad we had to give up such a good player to get a good player.

Im totally ok with the trade, but it would be nice to have Hall still.

Go Oilers, hope you score a couple Hallys, 4-2 Oil.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Jack Michaels says Hendricks in Jp out.

The treatment of Jp still confuses the heck outta me.

The kids being stapled to the bench and press box for mistakes that a guy like pouliot makes every game but gets to play through.

Hard to have any confidence when you can't make a single mistake without losing your icetime.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

The kids being stapled to the bench and press box for mistakes that a guy like pouliot makes every game but gets to play through.

Hard to have any confidence when you can't make a single mistake without losing your icetime.

He hasnt been good enough, or consistent enough. Its pretty easy to see why hes getting the treatment he is.

Dreger said he would be going to the AHL after this road trip. So thats great news, let him develop and get some confidence down there, bring him back up when ready.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Oilers better be ready to play. They got a stallion over there with something to prove. He's champin at the bit.

"I take this trade as an indictment of my ability and character. I thought I was part of the solution."

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Schneider with a blunder against the Leafs, so i'm guessing he'll be extra sharp tonight. 3-2 Oilers.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I just listened to a 15 minute clip of Taylor Hall on the Gregor show - great interview. I've gotta say Taylor might give the most thoughtful and candid interview of any NHLer right now. Some very interesting perspectives on the differences in travel and style of play East vs. West. Also talked a lot about his new life style and how the Devils need to play to be successful. My opinion on the trade means nothing for this post - just wanted to show appreciation for a maturing young hockey player with a promising future as an athlete and an intelligent and balanced head on his shoulders.

It really was a great interview.
Hall gives great interviews.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I like Larson but I find it's best if you just forget we ever had Hall and not watch any of the NJ highlights.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, this was a great game for Pulju to build confidence.

He hasnt been good enough, or consistent enough. Its pretty easy to see why hes getting the treatment he is.

Dreger said he would be going to the AHL after this road trip. So thats great news, let him develop and get some confidence down there, bring him back up when ready.

Again how can anyone be when played like this.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, this was a great game for Pulju to build confidence.

If he was playing good he would be playing. Seriously he had one good game after the break, followed by 2 stinkers.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

it is really shocking.
I don't see what Pulju is learning in the process.....why did they even draft him?

Hammy16

Jan 5, 2017
NJ def is very soft and we should expose their dmen tonight. Hall will have a little extra step in his stride tonight but this should be a 2 pt night for the oil.

Grey Poupon*

Cashmere Thoughts
Nov 25, 2016
Charlestown, MA
I think most people don't know what the prodigal means.

I'll put it to you like this: saying we don't know what 'prodigal' means in this context is like me accusing you of not know what waffle is in the word 'blue waffle'.

Spoiler alert: It is neither a breakfast item, or an actual waffle. It's arguable if its even blue and it's most definitely not associated with blueberries by any measure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Prodigal_Son

The Parable of the Prodigal Son (also known as the Lost Son, Running Son, Loving Father, or Lovesick Father)[1][2] is one of the parables of Jesus which appears in Luke 15:11-32.

In other words, let's all just sit down and enjoy this wondrous event. Let's not grammar-police (don't be THAT GUY) each other, and instead, reflect on Taylor's wasted potential and 'fortunes' of talent.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If he was playing good he would be playing. Seriously he had one good game after the break, followed by 2 stinkers.

Who would be playing well if they got played like him?

1-2 games in with 8mins icetime, no special teams > 1-2 games at the press box. This has been going for some time now. The kid is playing with zero confidence, his room for mistakes is zero.

You won't be in the game if you get a shift every 10 mins.

He was creating scoring chances and producing with McDavid before his 3 game benching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad