Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
the-office-michael-scott.gif

Mike Smith in net zzzzzzzzzzz

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Maybe the boys will come out and try and win one for “Schmiddy”?

And I really want to see McLeod with RNH when he’s back. Kid is too good to be dragging the corpses of Archibald and Kassian around on the 4th line.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Yup, not sure why the coaches can't see what is clear to everyone else. Draisaitl and McLeod need each other to create chances and they have looked good together. Hyman creates his own scoring chances and isn't dependant on feeds from Drai.
McLeod-Drai-Pulju would be the no brainer 2nd line.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
It's a lose-lose scenario. If Smith gets a win, he might play more. If Smith loses, he might not play more, but we throw away 2 points.

Best case scenario, Smith is awful but we still win. We don't see him in net ever again

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Best case scenario is Smith pitches a shutout, and him and Koskinen play .915+ hockey the rest of the season. I'm not expecting it to happen, but that is what I'm rooting for. I don't think the Oilers have as much patience for him as we think they do, I think if he blows this one that's probably it for him this season. We've already heard rumours that they're willing to roll with Skinner and Koskinen the rest of the season.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I hope Smith proves me wrong but I been watching a guy that looks hurt in net and cant move properly. I hope Woodcroft has a short leash if he doesnt look sharp.

Yeah the problem here to me doesn't seem like a "reset" ... the problem is he's been hurt since the 3rd game of the season but he and Holland stubbornly refuse to face up to it.

I knew right at the 3rd game where Tippett chose oddly to start Smith for a 3rd game in a row right to start the season (after swearing he'd split starts) that it was a bad idea and sure enough he hurts himself in that game.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
They're in a playoff race and are more concerned with getting an old sieve "up and running" than collecting points. This is probably going to go as poorly as everyone is expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad