[fieldset=NEWS AND NOTES]

Gazdic Recalled from OKC
-
-
[/fieldset][/CENTER]

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Oh look, Ribeiro and Roy, the 1st and 2nd line centers for Nashville. When I said that we should sign Ribeiro or Roy during the free agency, everybody here said how stupid idea that is. Ribeiro's a junkie and Roy flat out sucks.

Mike Ribeiro: 14gp 3+8=11, +6
Derek Roy: 14gp 0+7=7, -1

TheGuyInTheChair

Sep 21, 2014
Oh look, Ribeiro and Roy, the 1st and 2nd line centers for Nashville. When I said that we should sign Ribeiro or Roy during the free agency, everybody here said how stupid idea that is. Ribeiro's a junkie and Roy flat out sucks.

I apologize on behalf of all of HFOil for not signing those two.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

Man, Ribeiro I still think wouldn't be a good choice - our locker room isn't the place for him to try and get his life back together. That said, I was totally wrong about Roy. Bleh.

FlyingPhi

Jan 9, 2008
Playa Hermosa

Check out the QoT for the Oiler centres, then go look at QoT for Riberio. That has something to do with it. Not to take anything away from the Oilers D, but he plays predominantly with Josi and Weber, a far cry from the help he'd have here...

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond

Arcobello's been superior to Roy IMO (especially defensively), and there's no way in hell that Ribeiro was ever going to come to this fishbowl to get his life and career back in order...so I'm not sure what you're patting yourself so much on the back for.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park

Everybody, hey? Everybody here called your idea stupid? Everybody on this forum, the majority of whom demanded a veteran 2C replacement for Gagner? Please post a link to that conversation, I don't remember calling your idea stupid.

Or, you could claim righteous victory over us less intelligent fans and not bother to back up the claim.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I apologize on the behalf of HFOil for not making trade proposals for F. Forsberg and J.Neal.

F. Forsberg is what MPS should have been if we developed him better.

MPS has done very little since going to St. Louis, so what does that say about the blues?

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond

Sometimes I'm on board with the line of thinking that the Oilers don't develop prospects properly, but not in Paajarvi's case. IMO he has to take responsibility for where he is.

He just hasn't been able to find his niche, it's funny how he and Lander seem to be following the same path of increasing irrelevance as their pro careers progress.

By this time next year, it wouldn't be a stretch to see them both plying their trades back in Sweden or the KHL.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Arcobello's been superior to Roy IMO (especially defensively), and there's no way in hell that Ribeiro was ever going to come to this fishbowl to get his life and career back in order...so I'm not sure what you're patting yourself so much on the back for.

Beat me to it. It was speculated that Ribeiro was one of the vet C's the Oilers contacted and that was exactly what he told them. Nashville was the perfect place for him. If it was simply about opportunity, I'm sure Edmonton would have been an intriguing option.

And agree completely that Arco has been just as good - if not better - than Roy. If this is about Roy vs Draisaitl for glassbangers, then I'm not sure what to say. I'm not sure how many people expected Drai to stay past 9, but regardless, with Arco in tow, there's no way we could have rolled with Roy as well. Waaaay to undersized.

I think glassbangers needs to cool his jets on the hindsight party.

Still DRAI

Jun 15, 2013
I apologize on the behalf of HFOil for not making trade proposals for F. Forsberg and J.Neal.

Wasn't it rumored that Forsberg was on the table for Hemsky, back in the day?

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
We don't need to make any moves for Gazdic because he was only on a conditioning assignment

So... we're keeping them BOTH in the press box? If we're not going to play Klefbom, can we please just send him down then? I mean, I know it's the Oilers and they prefer to develop their players as little as possible, but COME ON. Why do we need BOTH of them as backup for Aulie? I'm not even sold on Aulie, but we've gotta be letting at least one of the two of them get their minutes in OKC if they're not playing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad