Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Leafs | CBC | 5:00MDT | 12/10/2013 | "All Eyes on Me"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
tumblr_lvci5dv85m1r35wfvo1_r2_500.gif

Let the roller coaster continue.. However nauseating it may be.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I HATE the Leafs even though I lived in Toronto for almost a decade. I saw bits and pieces of their games and they are like a more skilled Flames team. They cycle and control the puck in the O-zone impressively and Bernier is excellent (hope we play Reimer!)

6-2 Leafs. Eakins pulls the goalie when it's 4-2 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd. Goals by Gordon and Hemsky. Hall, Eberle, Yakupov hit the posts.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
A win is absolutely needed I say, but I have very low confidence in said win occurring. Very scared (Then again, Oilers have a history of beating the teams we shouldn't be beating and losing to the teams we shouldn't be losing to)

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Bernier is starting unless he gets hurt in the game day skate tomorrow. There is no reason to be playing Reimer with the way Bernier has started the season, plus he's coming off a shut-out.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
A win is absolutely needed I say, but I have very low confidence in said win occurring. Very scared (Then again, Oilers have a history of beating the teams we shouldn't be beating and losing to the teams we shouldn't be losing to)

That's pretty much how I would have said it :nod:

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Gonna be ugly.

Another lopsided loss and bad Dubnyk game, panic gets cranked up to Defcon3, calls for Eakins to be fired, half the team to be traded, etc.

Next game Oilers start 6 game winning streak.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Yeah, we're going to get stomped on. The Leafs actually have an impressive team. Solid goaltending, size, and skill.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Bernier is starting unless he gets hurt in the game day skate tomorrow. There is no reason to be playing Reimer with the way Bernier has started the season, plus he's coming off a shut-out.

maybe they want to showcase us the greatness of Reimer ...
:D

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Gonna be ugly.

Another lopsided loss and bad Dubnyk game, panic gets cranked up to Defcon3, calls for Eakins to be fired, half the team to be traded, etc.

Next game Oilers start 6 game winning streak.

worst of all ... more Reimer+Gardiner +Bozak to EDM proposals :cry:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
So far every single fanbase I don't want to be barking at us, their teams have trounced us. I see that trend continuing.

Leafs will push us around with no Oiler response, and two more Oiler bash threads appear on the main boards. Book it.

Pennertration

Oct 25, 2007
Calgary
So far every single fanbase I don't want to be barking at us, their teams have trounced us. I see that trend continuing.

Leafs will push us around with no Oiler response, and two more Oiler bash threads appear on the main boards. Book it.

I was really looking forward to the Battle of Alberta this year ... now even that seems depressing

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I remember the Oiler usually laying an egg on hockey night in canada games.

I can see a 6-2 Toronto win.

Babscocks

Jan 7, 2011
Edmonton
I think at least one Leaf will take a run at Hall's head, with no response from the Oilers.

Hopefully no one takes a run at him, in last nights game I know Ellers hit wasn't "intentional" but when your star gets driven head first into the boards I don't know why someone didn't drop Eller.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I remember the Oiler usually laying an egg on hockey night in canada games.

I can see a 6-2 Toronto win.

yeah we *always* play terribly on HNIC, every, single, time... that being said, i don't think the leafs are a very good team.... likely the weakest team we've played so far actually, so you never know

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
yeah we *always* play terribly on HNIC, every, single, time... that being said, i don't think the leafs are a very good team.... likely the weakest team we've played so far actually, so you never know

Funny, I think the Leafs are the stronger than any team we have faced this year.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
Hopefully no one takes a run at him, in last nights game I know Ellers hit wasn't "intentional" but when your star gets driven head first into the boards I don't know why someone didn't drop Eller.

I understand Yak isn't going to fight anybody and I don't really care how sorry Eller looked or said he was, those are the kinds of hits you should have to take ownership of.

Really hurt to see Yak make a motion to do something and then just stop and hold onto Eller. Would have been a perfect time for him to show the intensity we've been waiting for. He doesn't have to fight him but show something and hopefully the rest of your team would follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad