GDT: Oilers vs Jets - MTS Centre - 7:00pm CDT [Do NOT solicit or post illegal streams]

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Just read the Oilers GDT. My favorite post:

"At least we have a new arena"

Lots of Scheifele love there.

Did you also read their arena thread? Lots of complaining. My favorite is the escalators. Sounds like they don't have enough power, so fans have to be "throttled back" by ushers to limit the number of people on them. :laugh:

CH3NO2

Jul 9, 2011
Did you also read their arena thread? Lots of complaining. My favorite is the escalators. Sounds like they don't have enough power, so fans have to be "throttled back" by ushers to limit the number of people on them. :laugh:

Your post reminded me that I totally forgot about the extra long escalators they installed in the winnipeg arena after the upper decks were added. Glad to be without that nonsense these days.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I did find that a bit bothersome that they couldn't generate much 5v5, but I'm not too terribly concerned about it right now. They're still playing with half of an AHL squad on their roster.

We've Leafed our opposition in the last 2 games. Prior to that we were not scoring at all. They are looking good and it is still early pre-season so I am not concerned yet but I wish we were generating more shots (and surrendering fewer).

The more shots should come but even with Morrissey I am a little worried about our D. The fewer shots allowed may not come for some time yet.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
It's going to take an hour to render and probably an hour to upload, but I'll put it up on my Jets HD account as an unlisted video and post it here when I can. Going out to dinner later so we'll see.

I recorded it all to get the highlights because I wasn't sure if they'd archive it. It's missing the firs 20 seconds but nothing happens. :)

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
It's going to take an hour to render and probably an hour to upload, but I'll put it up on my Jets HD account as an unlisted video and post it here when I can. Going out to dinner later so we'll see.

I recorded it all to get the highlights because I wasn't sure if they'd archive it. It's missing the firs 20 seconds but nothing happens. :)

You truly are a saint. Thanks man, appreciate it.

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg

I'd love a copy as well! :D

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Just got a chance to see the highlights of the Oilers game. Hard to take anything away from just a few highlights, but...

Armia has good hands. I liked a lot of his game last season, and if he can start to get confidence on the offensive end and score some, he's going to be a good top-9 player. He might actually be a good complement to Laine, at least in the short term.

Boy, can Connor finish. The pass from Scheif was great, but the Jets have lacked a player that can finish a play like that so confidently and consistently. I can't think of any 2.0 Jets player that could consistently snipe a shot like that off a pass like that. Perreault can occasionally. Ehlers can, but I think Connor's actually better at it. Laine will be able to, too. The enhanced ability to score on those plays is going to really make a difference over a full season, not to mention boosting Scheif's point totals.

Who else thinks that Scheif might take a run at 80+ points this season if he stays healthy?

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Just got a chance to see the highlights of the Oilers game. Hard to take anything away from just a few highlights, but...

Armia has good hands. I liked a lot of his game last season, and if he can start to get confidence on the offensive end and score some, he's going to be a good top-9 player. He might actually be a good complement to Laine, at least in the short term.

Boy, can Connor finish. The pass from Scheif was great, but the Jets have lacked a player that can finish a play like that so confidently and consistently. I can't think of any 2.0 Jets player that could consistently snipe a shot like that off a pass like that. Perreault can occasionally. Ehlers can, but I think Connor's actually better at it. Laine will be able to, too. The enhanced ability to score on those plays is going to really make a difference over a full season, not to mention boosting Scheif's point totals.

Who else thinks that Scheif might take a run at 80+ points this season if he stays healthy?

Not to change the subject Whileee but today I just saw an NHL commercial about the season starting up and the only Winnipeg Jet shown that I saw was Armia. :nod:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Not to change the subject Whileee but today I just saw an NHL commercial about the season starting up and the only Winnipeg Jet shown that I saw was Armia. :nod:

Doesn't change the subject at all... I'm pretty high on Armia. He "looked" really good last year, but wasn't getting the results (scoring or shot metrics). However, later in the season he started to get results, and once he was put with Copp and Petan his shot metrics went way up. I could be wrong, but he just strikes me as the type of player that has just started to put it all together and if he plays with skilled players he'll be a very viable top-9 forward with size and skill. My main question with him is consistency of effort and intensity. If he figures that out, he could be a dandy.

(Burmi and Thorbs were Armia's "Corsi Cryptonite" last season... Petan and Armia were marvelous together, I think because they have complementary games and play at about the same pace - smart but not full tilt speed).

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
Thanks alot man!
Just watched the game.

Burmistrov really had to improve if he wants to stick with the team imo.

Laine played solid first game. Lose some battles but didn't make many mistakes.
He looked playing really carefully. Looking forward for his next game.

Connor played solid too, but i wouldn't consider to replace Ehlers from that firstline. Atleast not in the begininng of the season.

Armia was good. Great penaltykilling.

Scheif and Wheeler, what a great couple.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
thanks. Just watched the full game.

Armia was terrific. He gets better and better. Considering how he and Roslovic have performed so far, that Kane trade is looking better all the time.

I thought Laine was actually very good. He was dangerous and had always seems to find himself with the puck. Great players are like that.

Morrissey was terrific. Very encouraging.

Scheifele is in beast mode.

ennsjd07

Feb 11, 2016
Kauai, Hawaii
I just watched the whole game... Laine didn't look bad at all... He whiffed on a few great chances... I liked how Petan and Armia set him up on that rush with about 10 mins left in the 3rd. It's not like the hockey they're playing is boring... they just haven't connected yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad