GDT: Oilers vs. Flames - 7PM, Sept 30 2022 - Preseason Game 4/8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
His ex is a prime example of a sociopath. She’s a garbage person that would take advantage of a persons reputation for personal gain.

There is also much to be said about the impact of mental health on society. She needs help.
meh I've said things too. Don't take this the wrong way because we all do it. But one of the kind of helps that people could use in present day is less volume of judgement. I mean to all, or Kane and his ex. Social media has resulted in a growing categorization of people and amplification of their troubles. unfortunately many people do this to themselves as well by putting stuff out there that they shouldn't, and thus making themselves look worse, and then judged.

But before the internet much of the struggles of a Kane and an ex or a Depp and a Heard would be more under wraps. Maybe see it in some tabloids but now its everywhere on media, social medial, newsfeeds. I feel sorry to some extent for those that get in the headlights and cross fire. Not absolving the Ex of the things she did. But its the new forms of media and fixations that just blows this stuff up. People that get caught in that social media glare, its a bad place to be.

Plus society, parents, her upbringing probably contributed to this. Princess syndrome is a big thing today, and it doesn't prepare females to be in mutual reciprocal relationships with people. We train girls to think of themselves as royalty thinking this is simply empowerment and love. In many examples it can turn the person towards unconditional feelings of entitlement and that anything I do is right because I do it. Others be damned.

The converse is that males are taught to suppress their "toxic masculinity" and that "male traits" are innately bad. Its increasingly a struggle males have to go through in western society. Combining those male-female learned elements makes relationships especially challenging in modern times. Its evident why it is.

This same tragedy is imploding all over the place just we don't read about it usually unless its celebs.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Another point. Anytime virtually anything happens now with a celeb that involves court proceeding people all over are copy pasting and finding and showing court documents, sometimes without redaction that basically become tell alls with information released everywhere.

Courts in that way have now become media circus whereas formerly, before internet you would need to obtain such information through specific, request. Usually at cost. , if it was even available, and there would be ample redaction. The circus is the internet. It amplifies human folly, it puts it on a stage. you never want to be on that stage.

Saying this as a little less court stenographing and tell alls would be nice. I mean at least as it pertains to Oilers on this site. People can do what they please. But know why you are able to do that. Because the info is now on public display. It wasn't 30yrs ago.

Nor does it even have to be in court. All the world is a stage now. A year ago a player made gestures about another player after a fight. There was more videos made and shared of that than the Kennedy assassination. Whatever one's feelings are on what occurs, the nature of over volume bombarding of information today is toxic. Its the new mob rules torch parade. People ideally should see it as that before its too late.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
His ex is a prime example of a sociopath. She’s a garbage person that would take advantage of a persons reputation for personal gain.

There is also much to be said about the impact of mental health on society. She needs help.

I feel like the concept of a "garbage person" is... passe?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
McDavid looks like he's growing younger. The haircut, but looks to have lost a bit of weight as well. Maybe the seasons make him look older as they drag along,. He looks pretty fresh and young in preseason.

Flames getting curbstomped. not that it matters. They are inconsequential.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I think we should start calling Nuge....RNHO.....obviously.
1664566453733.jpeg

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
The fact that we can't still watch the game on Sportsnet is so f***ing cringe. Sportsnet always has to cater to the precious leafs though every single year.

Sportsnet channel 1 - 4, SNOilers, Sportsnet alternative channels. All that and, nope, have to dedicate them ALL to leafs.

Reactions: McAsuno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad