Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs. Canucks - time to make Vancouver rainier than usual

Victor?

• Total voters

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Not to say their play earned it, but I'm a little surprised none of the young forwards are coming up as Black Aces.

Bourgault's the big name, but, and I'm surprised Hamblin isn't up. Same with Cags, who still knows quite a few guys in the dressing room.

On defence Niemo's a surprising exclusion, but he just came back from a concussion before the playoffs and odds are still isn't 100%.

Tullio, Savoie, Petrov, and Wanner are also waiving "hi."
However in the age of smartphones, I can see the logic of not letting a bunch of early 20 year olds with zero responsibility but close ties to the team loose in the city.
Seriously, it’s Cup or bust and your pining for Cagliano and rookies like Bourgalt, Tullio and Petrov? Wtf am I even reading here? Wake up.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I'll say the hosts seemed entertaining, and they are trying for a sport they obviously know nothing about.
Exactly, the main host loves hockey but basically fairly new to the sport. He brings attention to the league which is a good thing. It's mainly a football/basketball/college podcast. There are some hockey fans in his crew however.

Reactions: dssource

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Seriously, it’s Cup or bust and your pining for Cagliano and rookies like Bourgalt, Tullio and Petrov? Wtf am I even reading here? Wake up.
Lol in a second round playoff let's test these guys. Relax they'll get a chance in preseason.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
hooking, slashing the stick, stick on hands is the penalty being called 100% of the time

don't do it, go the entire series without reaching in

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Time to make Pettersson’s life hell.

IMG_6809.gif

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I’ll be drinking White Russians for the game. They have quickly become my fave drink
Kahlúa, vodka, cream

I make 5 ounce drinks at a time.

Hell…. I’m having one now

Reactions: nally

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Is there still no official schedule? like it makes any difference to announce our match up before this stupid leafs series ends

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Is there still no official schedule? like it makes any difference to announce our match up before this stupid leafs series ends
Freidman said they need to see who wins the Dallas Vegas series as Dallas has arena conflicts. Silly that it affects the start of this series, but... NHL.

Panthers over the bruins in 4.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Freidman said they need to see who wins the Dallas Vegas series as Dallas has arena conflicts. Silly that it affects the start of this series, but... NHL.

Panthers over the bruins in 4.
that's brutal. the only day Oil/van can play is Tuesday now. Gary can gtfo

Reactions: AM

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Wanted more Canadian teams in, oh well. Leafs suck. Positive is we won't have Singh for the playoffs anymore.

Reactions: nally

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Some of those Nucks fans are going to be in for a rude awakening when they see that this is not the Woodcroft Oilers that they faced in 3 out of the 4 meetings this season. To add insult to injury they will also have to face a healthy McDavid. I’ll say Oilers in 6 but wouldn’t be surprised if it takes less games

Reactions: VainGretzky

OilersaretheMcBest

Jun 3, 2006
Oil Country, AB, Can
Exactly, the main host loves hockey but basically fairly new to the sport. He brings attention to the league which is a good thing. It's mainly a football/basketball/college podcast. There are some hockey fans in his crew however.
Ya he had Aaron Rodgers as a weekly feature at one point. I'd say mainly a football pod but nice they are doing hockey now too.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Some of those Nucks fans are going to be in for a rude awakening when they see that this is not the Woodcroft Oilers that they faced in 3 out of the 4 meetings this season. To add insult to injury they will also have to face a healthy McDavid. I’ll say Oilers in 6 but wouldn’t be surprised if it takes less games
I picked Oil in 6 but I don't think McDavid is 100 percent. He's still hesitant to shoot and that tells me something is up. Still, An 80-90 percent Mcdavid is still a powerhouse no doubt.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad