Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs. Canucks - time to make Vancouver rainier than usual

Victor?

• Total voters

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
u my friend are a Karaoke Icon. I think I'm gonna try to get on Canada's Got Talent now and sing this gem. Now I gotta 1 up ya and find a dandy

is this new or old footage?
It dont surprise me

I’ve no clue. Knowing the LWL that reside in the lower mainland I’d say it was from last night but could be anytime in the past two decades.

anthem was before changes.
woke movement get all pissy listening to that version.

Not to much hockey knowledge on that crew

Ah I haven’t watched a single game as I’m overseas still. Thought it was a recent vid.

Back just in time for Game 1! (Unless it starts Sunday)

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
I am dreading this series not because I am afraid of vancouver, they play the most boring , passive hocket ever. The Preds/VAN series was awful.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
The nhl is so amateur sometimes, how did they not know the schedule the second the series ended last night? There weren’t that many scenarios and they had to have a plan for them. If the series were to start tomorrow the oilers would travel today, and they must know, and if they do why wouldn’t the nhl release that? If it isn’t starting tomorrow Tuesday is the only option in Vancouver, and they must know that so then release that, heck even if you only wanted to release the first two games, then do that.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I’ve no clue. Knowing the LWL that reside in the lower mainland I’d say it was from last night but could be anytime in the past two decades.

Ah I haven’t watched a single game as I’m overseas still. Thought it was a recent vid.

Back just in time for Game 1! (Unless it starts Sunday)
well, if u dont get back in time, tell the pilot to have an emergency touch down in NS and we can watch in garage. I got a 10' screen, lazy boys, 5.1 stereo, and most importantly, a good supply of booze. Lots of good Oilers Memories on the wall as well.

The only fan base to boo team Canada and years later trash their own city because they can’t win a cup.
I can’t wait to stomp these frauds, Oilers in 5
100% correct
ANd the idiots at the time were also chanting Communism is better
Phil tuned them

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
I come in peace, guys. Just wanted to say that I love that we're getting a guaranteed Canadian team in the Conference Finals this year. Bettman must be so excited!! First time since '92? Time to dust off the Smythe Division banners. Should be a fun series.
Should be a much more high scoring series at least. As well as less travel time so more player energy.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Only in TO loses tomorrow

Edit - only IF Toronto loses
Can you schedule a game with so little notice? I would think/hope if the game was going to be played on Sunday it would have been officially announced already.

Edit: I’m posting this at 8am Saturday morning without having heard yet if it’s been announced yet. If it has, my apologies.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I come in peace, guys. Just wanted to say that I love that we're getting a guaranteed Canadian team in the Conference Finals this year. Bettman must be so excited!! First time since '92? Time to dust off the Smythe Division banners. Should be a fun series.
First time since ‘92? Not even close. Oilers were there a couple years ago

It’s guaranteed cuz it already happened

Last edited:

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
I hope the captain is healing up and ready to shift into a higher gear here. To win this series they’ll need more from him and his line at 5v5.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
For a team that is supposedly horrible defensively with no goaltending the Oilers don't give up many goals. That is especially true when that defensive liability Evan Bouchard is on the ice.

Reactions: alanschu

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
100% to the bolded, I hate to admit it, but part of me admires their willingness to keep plugging along (even when they lie to themselves about how things will be better next year etc etc)

Canucks fans are literally the definition of bandwagon. I have not met a single one that followed the team when they suck

There's a whole lot of copium and weird self-deception going on in that mains thread. I mean, some dude wrote an essay about why their play style keeps the PDO going, which is funny because this series vs Nashville would actually say the opposite, IMO. If they had that crazy PDO run going it wouldn't have been this tight against the worst team in the West to make it.

Regular season means jack f***ing shit, but I wouldn't expect a fanbase that gets excited about President's Trophies, Calders, Jack Adams whatever the f*** meaningless trophies because their team has done nothing but lose in the playoffs for 50+ years

The entitlement and weird cope they've had is actually well-expressed in their tendency to riot when their team inevitably falls short in the playoffs

Worst fans in the league
Do Flames when the team sucks bandwaggon to Oilers or Canucks?

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Honestly, I don't mind Vancouver finishing their series in 6. They still had to do the max amount of travel with a cross-continent trip for game 6, but now one of their rest days is going towards travel vs. just chilling at home.

On the Oilers end, I'm curious to see if Knob makes any changes.

Upfront I would've loved one more guy like Kostin for the bottom 6, even if Holloway has been a good replacement. I wonder if he'll stay on the 3rd line or if Foegele will get the 1st look there. Though speaking of McLovin, I feel like he's one of the few forwards whose game started to slip as the series vs. LA went on. I'm sure Brown is itching to get in, and right now he might have a candidate to jump over.

With their size up front LA was likely the worst matchup for Stecher, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him draw in vs. the smaller and speedier Canucks.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The Canucks have come up with 3 guys who are NHL quality goaltenders--impressive scouting.

They are deep up front too.

This will be a tougher test for the Oilers but I'll be an optimist and say Oilers in 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad