Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

darn-shoot.gif

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
We should have LTIR McDavid at the trade deadline and brought in a couple of guys.

Yup, I was saying the same thing, and was made fun of for saying so. Think how much better we would be in the playoffs if we added 12.5 million in players? Vegas does it every year, so it was really stupid that we didn't do it, especially with McDavid nursing an injury for the entire year.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Yup, I was saying the same thing, and was made fun of for saying so. Think how much better we would be in the playoffs if we added 12.5 million in players? Vegas does it every year, so it was really stupid that we didn't do it, especially with McDavid nursing an injury for the entire year.
I would think Gary would have stopped it from happening to be honest. Only certain teams could do that.

Nobody in their right mind would watch this shit, we are all just addicted to the crack.

Reactions: Leonardlizard

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Could be checking how his groin feels. If it is a groin injury a few minutes on the ice will let him know.

The fact that he knows he isn't good to go with a 15-20 minute twirl likely means he is pretty far away from returning actually. Be pretty surprised if we see him before the playoffs, which really doesn't matter in any way whatsoever. But now the concern is if he'll be good to go for the playoffs.

Reactions: Duke74 and funky

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

People made fun of this because 1) McDavid would never go along with it and 2) Bettman wouldn’t allow it.

Small market Canadian team that had repeatedly been “excepted” from marginal rulings (Keith recapture, Neal prorated goals) was not going to “get away with” shutting down a star player nursing an injury just to free up cap at the TDL

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Hoping for a good effort. I really don’t care about 1st in the division at this point. Just hoping to be playing well going into the playoffs.

Not the end of the world if they don't but I really care about the division title. Franchise hasn't won one in 37 years, two rounds of home ice advantage, Nashville likely in the 1st round (I don't care about record, I'd rather play them than L.A. or Vegas). Many reasons to root for them to win the division IMO.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
People made fun of this because 1) McDavid would never go along with it and 2) Bettman wouldn’t allow it.

Small market Canadian team that had repeatedly been “excepted” from marginal rulings (Keith recapture, Neal prorated goals) was not going to “get away with” shutting down a star player nursing an injury just to free up cap at the TDL

Maybe the league would have stepped in, although I don't think they would have personally. If they did though, at least it would have forced them to actually deal with this ridiculous situation.

Either way, its in the past and nothing to be done about it now. The bigger worry now is just how hurt McDavid is, as it would appear its pretty serious at this point. Hopefully he can still be effective in the playoffs. Playoffs don't start for another 7-8 days, which will be 2 weeks of rest for McDavid since he last played. However, if the injury is indeed a groin injury as rumored, then 2 weeks isn't very long (depending on severity of course). Concerning to say the least.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Well then…I doubt McDavid plays the rest of the season if he is out tonight. Hopefully he’s at least 80% by game 1.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
I would think Gary would have stopped it from happening to be honest. Only certain teams could do that.

Nobody in their right mind would watch this shit, we are all just addicted to the crack.
The NHL would have their team of doctors living with the Oilers if we tried any LTIR shenans. The league wants us to fail so McDrai leave, not get better.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
if McDavid isn't playing this game with all its implications he must be pretty hurt... yikes
Or maybe we are putting so much priority on the playoffs that the implications of this game don't really matter

We are far enough behind Vancouver that in order for us to win the division we would need to win tonight and potentially win the rest too. Maybe this isn't worth going to war for

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Glad hes not playing if hes hurt but starting to think hes not going to be healthy to start the playoffs.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
View attachment 850919

View attachment 850920

Vancouver’s been riding the PDO wave like nobodies business with many of their players having career years. It’s a formula Calgary used two years ago when we knocked them off their perch and rarely works come playoff time.

View attachment 850924

View attachment 850925

Luck has a way of getting squashed come playoff time as the Canucks are about to find out come Round 1.

View attachment 850927

Time now for the Oilers Revenge game. The Canucks dummied us 3 in a row early on when Woodcock decided to coach a system he had no clue how to run after yet another summer camp style training camp in which both Ekholm and McDavid got injured. Time to take care of unfinished business.

————-///————

:edmonton Projected Lines

RNH - Draisaitl - Hyman
Kane - Henrique - Foegele
Holloway - McLeod - Perry
Janmark - Ryan - Brown

Ekholm- Bouchard
Nurse - Stecher
Kulak - Desharnais

Skinner starting.

————-///————

:nucks Projected Lines