GDT: Oilers vs Avs | 7PM | SNETW | "DO NOT PASS GO"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
I wonder if the Scratch Smythh FFS avenue marker is as hard to get as it is in McDonald's Monopoly. I bet it is. :(

Cold Dome Beers

yaaaaaaahhhhoooooooo
Aug 29, 2011
great GDT

also in a rare move I bet against the Oilers on my proline just cause I don't think they have what it takes tonight. I blame Lowe for making me do this.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
4 - 89 - 64
91 - 93 - 14
10 - 57 - 28
94 - 52 - 13

7-defensemen rotating thru (5/2/19/15/6/44/45)

40 starts.

OUT: Belanger, Hemsky, Harski, Peckham, Petrell

Sloth Slothersons*

R.Krueger on Hartikainen "A European player is 2-3 years behind a North American player.The European is at 22-23 where a Canadian is at 19."

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
R.Krueger on Hartikainen "A European player is 2-3 years behind a North American player.The European is at 22-23 where a Canadian is at 19."

Could we be more obvious?... Monahan is ours!

EdmontonJack
Ralph Krueger indicates that Hartikainen's puck management through neutral zone and "consistent physicality" are areas to improve.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Smyth should be scratched not Harti :shakehead Smyth has no future here Harti does...

Hartikainen has no future here if he doesn't consistently bulldoze players. He's forgotten that part of his game and is not a useful player for the Oilers if he doesn't bring it all the time.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Great GDT!

Love the disclaimer: Lineups not accurate. Wont be updating due to lack of ****s given

:laugh:

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
I don't care what happens. At this point of the season I just want entertaining games with lots of goals. It would be cool if Yak got super hot and maybe won the Calder.

We got to be in 8th spot with 12 games left and the guys got a taste of playing big games in April (although they failed miserably) and we're also getting a top 10 pick. Hopefully the last for awhile. I can live with this season as long as there are off-season changes.

I just want GOALS. No more of this terrible 2-1, 3-0, 4-1 garbage.

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
Hartikainen has no future here if he doesn't consistently bulldoze players. He's forgotten that part of his game and is not a useful player for the Oilers if he doesn't bring it all the time.

Still Hartikainen is better than Smyth. No excuses to play useless vets when we need to see what we have in young players before we decide to ship them out. Besides I thought Harti was good last game.

knockoutpanda

Oilers Fan
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Still Hartikainen is better than Smyth. No excuses to play useless vets when we need to see what we have in young players before we decide to ship them out. Besides I thought Harti was good last game.

This! We are not going any where play the players that have to prove themselves for next season.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
I don't think Hartikainen has the mental or physical quickness to play at the NHL level consistently. He just seems to be behind the play all the time and can't finish anything his team sets up for him. We need him to be a 4th line grinder but he doesnt seem interested in playing that game. It's fine that he goes to the net but doesnt know what to do when he gets there. Smyth knows what to do but he isn't quick enough to get to where he needs to be anymore and should just retire.

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
I love Harski, but it is so incredibly strange how many games he takes off from being physical. I agree that having 94 out there instead is...disappointing. At this point, Smytty is skating as well as Steve MacIntyre.

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
The only reason I can think of as to why smyth is still a regular is because they know he's gone in the off-season (ideally he's retiring). I think they're just letting him play out his career rather than riding the press box until the end.

And if the team is indeed gifting him icetime/games at the end rather than having him ride the pressbox, I still think it's wrong. I'd rather younger players be in the lineup, harti or lander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad