GDT: Oilers vs. Avalanche: The Quest for 10,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Less than an hour before the game and there's nothing. A lot of people have probably checked out or are boycotting any more games. But, short of an Av's shutout, someone will be Mr. 10,000.

You can watch the game on Sportsnet 1, SN360 or (joined in progress) Sportsnet East, Ontario and Pacific.

Or listen on 630 CHED or the Oilers Radio Network (not sure which ones are carrying the game or carry any games):

97.7 CHLW St. Paul
101.9 CKKY Wainwright
95.3 CJKX Cold Lake
94.3 CFXE Edson
97.5 CFHX Hinton (see CFXE)
95.5 CFXP Jasper
93.3 CFXG Grande Cache
93.5 CKVH High Prairie
92.7 CHSL Slave Lake
94.1 CKBA Athabasca
97.9 CKWB Westlock
96.7 CFXW Whitecourt
890 CJDC Dawson Creek
104.7 CFRI Grande Prairie
97.9 CKYX Fort McMurray
100.1 CJCD Yellowknife

Last edited:
Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Less than an hour before the game and there's nothing. A lot of people have probably checked out or are boycotting any more games. But, short of an Av's shutout, someone will be Mr. 10,000.

You can watch the game on Sportsnet 1, SN360 or (joined in progress) Sportsnet East, Ontario and Pacific.

Or listen on 630 CHED or the Oilers Radio Network (not sure which ones re carrying the game or carry any games):

97.7 CHLW St. Paul
101.9 CKKY Wainwright
95.3 CJKX Cold Lake
94.3 CFXE Edson
97.5 CFHX Hinton (see CFXE)
95.5 CFXP Jasper
93.3 CFXG Grande Cache
93.5 CKVH High Prairie
92.7 CHSL Slaver Lake
94.1 CKBA Athabasca
97.9 CKWB Westlock
96.7 CFXW Whitecourt
890 CJDC Dawson Creek
104.7 CFRI Grande Prairie
97.9 CKYX Fort McMurray
100.1 CJCD Yellowknife

So many ppl here are so fed up with McLellan's line matching after last game I'm not surprised no Pre or GDT had been put up yet.

Thanks oilers72' :phew:you saved the day.

Go :edmontonGo

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Has the 10,000th goal officially been retracted or is that an unofficial HF Oil correction?

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
So many ppl here are so fed up with McLellan's line matching after last game I'm not surprised no Pre or GDT had been put up yet.

Thanks oilers72' :phew:you saved the day.

Go :edmontonGo

Your welcome, 48g90a138pts. It did give me a chance to use that ORN list of stations Jack Michaels always yells out. Haven't really listened to CHED, so I can't say if he lists the stations like Rod Phillips used to do.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Has the 10,000th goal officially been retracted or is that an unofficial HF Oil correction?

If you mean the Strome goal, that included shootout "goals" (shown as one goal for, even if multiple players scored in any SO), not actual goals. The Oilers and the media won't acknowledge the actual goal count but, it won't go forgotten.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
If you mean the Strome goal, that included shootout "goals" (shown as one goal for, even if multiple players scored in any SO), not actual goals. The Oilers and the media won't acknowledge the actual goal count but, it won't go forgotten.

It's the unofficial official(shootout goal wins removed) 10,000.

Thanks guys.

I know there's a thread for this but how could they screw something like that up.
Technically, they'd have to go back and count each goal scored in every shootout the Oilers won, otherwise they wouldn't have won the game.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Thanks guys.

I know there's a thread for this but how could they screw something like that up.
Technically, they'd have to go back and count each goal scored in every shootout the Oilers won, otherwise they wouldn't have won the game.

It's not really a screwup, it's more just treating a stat as an actuality. Say a team wins 4-3 in a SO. We'd say the score is 4-3 while, if it was a soccer game, the score would be 3-3 with the winning team winning on penalties.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
It's not really a screwup, it's more just treating a stat as an actuality. Say a team wins 4-3 in a SO. We'd say the score is 4-3 while, if it was a soccer game, the score would be 3-3 with the winning team winning on penalties.

Under their calculation...say goal 9999 was a goal that tied a game. No winner in OT, but the Oilers win in a shootout. The way they figured it out, then who would get credit with goal 10,000? The player that scored the winning shootout goal?

Too bad it didn't go down that way.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Not watching the game but I will be checking HFBoards and box scores in between rounds of my video games.
Maybe it’ll be another 5 McPoint night and I’ll tune in :D

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Under their calculation...say goal 9999 was a goal that tied a game. No winner in OT, but the Oilers win in a shootout. The way they figured it out, then who would get credit with goal 10,000? The player that scored the winning shootout goal?

Too bad it didn't go down that way.

Just think if a player is a goal or a point away from a milestone. They get credited with the SO winning goal but no one says they've reached their milestone. I think if the league said that it would count, a fair amount of people would think it's a cheap point and not truly a milestone setter.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I bet that blind goalie that’s standing there for the National anthem doesn’t let the first shot of the game in as often as Talbot does.

Reactions: Mez

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Just think if a player is a goal or a point away from a milestone. They get credited with the SO winning goal but no one says they've reached their milestone. I think if the league said that it would count, a fair amount of people would think it's a cheap point and not truly a milestone setter.

And rightfully so, I agree with that notion. Which is weird they included those as "goals" scored with no goal scorer attached to it.

Anyways, I digress. Thanks for doing up the GDT...hoping for a decent home performance tonight.

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad