Pre-Game Talk: Oilers v Devils -- Thank you Hallsy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Lock er up once the GDT gets made later.

We might as well get this going early, I expect Hall to get a massive ovation when he comes back. He's a guy that really did love being an Oiler and hated to leave, I think he'll get a lot of love from the fans on his return.

Hopefully we crush the Devils as we welcome Taylor back home. Should be an emotional game, hopefully we come out flying for the win we can't lose another, we need these points.

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It'd be cool if the people at the game could get a "thank you Hallsy" chant going at some point

That would be awesome if we did, he really loved being an Oiler and didn't want to leave.

We're a better team with Larsson, and this is the nature of pro sports, but it's obvious Hall took pride in being an Oiler. Nothing but respect for that.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
That would be awesome if we did, he really loved being an Oiler and didn't want to leave.

We're a better team with Larsson, and this is the nature of pro sports, but it's obvious Hall took pride in being an Oiler. Nothing but respect for that.

Hall should get a warm welcome back from the fans . It is not his fault that previous GM,s could not build a team and he was the sacrificial lamb . It is a business and we are a better team today which I am sure Hall can appreciate in his head , but I still think his heart was ripped out with the trade and the heart has a way of blinding the head

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Hall should get a warm welcome back from the fans . It is not his fault that previous GM,s could not build a team and he was the sacrificial lamb . It is a business and we are a better team today which I am sure Hall can appreciate in his head , but I still think his heart was ripped out with the trade and the heart has a way of blinding the head

Bingo. Hall did nothing post trade but speak highly of Edmonton or how much trade affected him and he didnt want to go. Screwed by management but throughout his time here he gave 110% every game even in the darkest of times and never once requested a trade or sulked

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Because hes not as good as Oiler fans make him out to be. He was the best of the crap pile we had for 10 years.

So boo him? lol.

Bunch of classy fans we have

"You didnt save our horrible, atrocious franchise who did everything to cripple itself so screw you!!!"

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Because hes not as good as Oiler fans make him out to be. He was the best of the crap pile we had for 10 years.

:facepalm: I guess. Again, why does the other poster want a bunch of fans at the game to boo Hall a lot. You're miserable, that's fine for you, but that's not a reason.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
You guys are getting worked up for nothing. Hall isn't going to get booed.

He'll get a big ovation, and a nice tribute, and everyone will have tingly feelings in their hearts. And then hopefully he gets put on his ass all night again, while we dominate his new team.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

He'll get a big ovation, and a nice tribute, and everyone will have tingly feelings in their hearts. And then hopefully he gets put on his ass all night again, while we dominate his new team.

Again.:laugh:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

I would think that Larsson will give him a hit similar to one of the ones in Jersey.

I'm not getting worked up, I just want to know why someone would hope for this. You're right though, he won't get booed, nor should he.

That said all the "feels" will be quickly forgotten when McDavid generates a goal or two.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB

This

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
Will there be a tribute video?

Also, hopefully the Oilers hit him every chance they get like they did in New Jersey - seemed to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille