Oilers Untouchables. #4

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
We know we have holes on this team that can be filled by making some painful trades. All of our top assets have been given arguments as to why they shouldn't be moved.

I'd like to know which players/prospects you would want to keep here the most. I'm going to do a poll every day.

Vote for who you want to keep the most on this team. I'm keeping McDavid off this list, as he is a no-brainer #1 (and we don't have him yet).

If you think another name should be on this list, please let me know.

Winner For 3rd Most untouchable Player is Darnell Nurse. Who is Next!? Now it should get interesting!

1. Taylor Hall - 52.30%

2. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - 82.30%

3. Darnell Nurse - 54.24%

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
At this point, I'm okay with trading any of these players if it means the right upgrade on our back end. In terms of us winning games next year, I want to see Eberle play a huge role.

He looked great under Nelson and Mclellan, became the player we all knew he could be. He talked at the end of last season about the lack of secondary scoring. Let's see what he can do when a Hall-McDavid-Yak line can take the pressure off him and Nuge,

AUAIOMRN

Aug 22, 2005
Edmonton
After the first three and The McSsiah I don't think there are any real "untouchables". I voted Eberle for sentimental reasons.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I'll add Lander and Yakimov if you guys wont. I was more focused on guys who were either once considered core pieces, or drafted to be.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Gotta go with Ebs.. He could be leading the team in goals for the next 5 seasons.
clear #1 RW on the team right now.

Klefbom is a good choice aswell but has ways to go before being considered an untouchable. Drai vs Klef should be an interesting debate. Ebs will be on a different level for atleast the next 3 yrs.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Im certainly not as high on Klef as the rest of this board. I seen a player that started the year off alright, then his play really tapered off the bit of the season.

If we could move Klef right now for a Hamhuis I would do it in a heartbeat.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Im certainly not as high on Klef as the rest of this board. I seen a player that started the year off alright, then his play really tapered off the bit of the season.

If we could move Klef right now for a Hamhuis I would do it in a heartbeat.

Hahmuis is 32 with 1 year remaining on a $4.5M contract. I'm sure he's going to get a similar next contract. Moving Klef for him now would be a mistake IMO.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Hahmuis is 32 with 1 year remaining on a $4.5M contract. I'm sure he's going to get a similar next contract. Moving Klef for him now would be a mistake IMO.

I can see your point contract wise...... Take the contract part out and its and no brainer for me.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
I think the untouchables list has been exhausted already. A team that finishes in the bottom 5 every year shouldn't have any untouchables.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
After 3-4 "untouchables," there should be an option for nobody.

Klefbom, Draisaitl, and Eberle are close to it. But there are deals for each of them I would consider. Klefbom is probably the least touchable though.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
Looking at the team needs, there is no way we can lose Klefbom unless it is for an upgrade. The forward's are very deep so losing an Eberle, the better player right now, would hurt, but we already have some players to fill his points.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Went with Klef, I had him ahead of Nurse. He plays with so much poise, really going to be a huge asset this year. Drai is close as well. Ebs, love the guy, but I think he will come in under those guys.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Voted ebs, he is sometimes the whipping boy here but he puts up good point totals and is a solid top 6 skilled complimentary player. I'm a huge Klef supporter but I'm not sold on the fact he's gonna be as good as we want him to be yet, time will tell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad