Oilers Untouchables. #3 ‎

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm starting poll #3 since #2 was such a landslide.

We know we have holes on this team that can be filled by making some painful trades. All of our top assets have been given arguments as to why they shouldn't be moved.

I'd like to know which players/prospects you would want to keep here the most. I'm going to do a poll every day.

Vote for who you want to keep the most on this team. I'm keeping McDavid off this list, as he is a no-brainer #1 (and we don't have him yet).

If you think another name should be on this list, please let me know.

Winner For Most untouchable Player is Taylor Hall followed by RNH. Who is next!?

1. Taylor Hall - 52.30%
2. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - 82.30%

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm sure that I'll be going against the grain here but it's Klefbom for me until I see what Nurse can do at the NHL level.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Still saying Klefbom. Eberle, Nurse, and Draisaitl are worth more imo, but Klefbom will have a much bigger impact next year, and is much more needed

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Haha, you all just couldn't wait until morning :P

I'm going Nurse here. Torn between him and Klef, but Nurse just has higher upside. If he reaches his potential as a top pairing guy, He and McDavid will be the guys we will be thanking the most for 10 years of being a serious contender.

J4M13M

Jun 4, 2014
Saint John NB
My heart says Eberle, but my mind says the Oilers need to keep what little they have on D at the NHL level.

Voted Klefbom.

Oct 30, 2011
^don't get me wrong, I love Ebs and he's probably our third best player, but I wouldn't consider him untouchable.

Yeah, after Nurse, I don't know who else I'd consider untouchable.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Haha, you all just couldn't wait until morning :P

I'm going Nurse here. Torn between him and Klef, but Nurse just has higher upside. If he reaches his potential as a top pairing guy, He and McDavid will be the guys we will be thanking the most for 10 years of being a serious contender.

Yeah, sorry for speeding this one up ;)

come on man, it needs a Nuge video :sarcasm:

Gotta keep the videos going

Thanks, it's been added.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Still saying Klefbom. Eberle, Nurse, and Draisaitl are worth more imo, but Klefbom will have a much bigger impact next year, and is much more needed

I think that he has top pairing potential, Nurse may as well but I'd like to see him at the pro level for a bit to see what he'll bring offensively.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
I'm going with Yak this time around. He's a #1 overall draft pick that had it tougher than anybody on this team with an ***hole coach. I believe he will turn things around in a massive way. His stock is also extremely low and to include him in a trade now, this team will be shooting themselves in the foot.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I really can't see how anyone could choose Yak over Eberle right now. He might get there but he's not there yet.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I don't see how Hall and Hopkins are considered more untouchable than Nurse.

We've got wingers up the yingyang. Hall, Eberle, Yakupov and Leon can play wing.

We've got centers up the yingyang. Hopkins, Leon, Hopkins, Mcdavid and Lander was looking great down the stretch.

We've got the worst group of d-men in the history of the Edmonton Oilers franchise. Klefbom is looking like a solid #3 guy right now and there's a chance that he might top out as a valid #2 and Nurse looks like the real deal in terms of a #1 d-man. Past that what do we have?

Fayne is a decent #4 guy if he's paired with a good puck mover.
Nikitin is a decent all around #4 guy when he's fit and motivated, but that was hardly the case this year.
On a good night Ference is a passable #4 guy, but on most nights he barely passes for a #6 guy.
Marincin was looking like a passable #4 guy 2 seasons ago, but he lost all his mojo and now he's playing like a #7.
Pending RFA Aulie looks like a #6 when he's having a great night.
Osterle, Gernat and Hunt are both at least 3 seasons away from being ready for ANY minutes in the NHL.
Davidson looks like he'd be a decent #6 guy with a decent puck mover next to him.
Musil looks like he'd be lucky to make it as a #7 guy given his foot speed and offensive upside.
I haven't seen enough of Simpson to make any judgements.
I want to vomit when Justin Schultz is playing hockey.

That's our blueline depth. How can Nurse not be #1? I really don't get this.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I love Yak and don't want to give up on him.
I feel if if he were to get traded, he'll put up 35+ where ever he goes and we'll look like fools. Just like how Seguin made Boston look.
Not to mention, the return on him will never be good for us.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
I really can't see how anyone could choose Yak over Eberle right now. He might get there but he's not there yet.

Happy you asked. I'd trade Eberle over Yak right now because the Oilers can demand a lot for Ebs and his services would be desired. Teams would pony-up to acquire Ebs as opposed to Yak. In other words, if we lose Ebs, the Oilers would also fill a hole. If the Oilers trade Yak, we lose big-time.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't see how Hall and Hopkins are considered more untouchable than Nurse.

We've got wingers up the yingyang. Hall, Eberle, Yakupov and Leon can play wing.

We've got centers up the yingyang. Hopkins, Leon, Hopkins, Mcdavid and Lander was looking great down the stretch.

We've got the worst group of d-men in the history of the Edmonton Oilers franchise. Klefbom is looking like a solid #3 guy right now and there's a chance that he might top out as a valid #2 and Nurse looks like the real deal in terms of a #1 d-man. Past that what do we have?

Fayne is a decent #4 guy if he's paired with a good puck mover.
Nikitin is a decent all around #4 guy when he's fit and motivated, but that was hardly the case this year.
On a good night Ference is a passable #4 guy, but on most nights he barely passes for a #6 guy.
Marincin was looking like a passable #4 guy 2 seasons ago, but he lost all his mojo and now he's playing like a #7.
Pending RFA Aulie looks like a #6 when he's having a great night.
Osterle, Gernat and Hunt are both at least 3 seasons away from being ready for ANY minutes in the NHL.
Davidson looks like he'd be a decent #6 guy with a decent puck mover next to him.
Musil looks like he'd be lucky to make it as a #7 guy given his foot speed and offensive upside.
I haven't seen enough of Simpson to make any judgements.
I want to vomit when Justin Schultz is playing hockey.

That's our blueline depth. How can Nurse not be #1? I really don't get this.

Because Nurse is unproven at the NHL level? If he tops out as a 3D is he more valuable than the other 2?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad