Friedman: Oilers trying to move Tobias Rieder

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
He sucks offensively - the definition of underwhelming perimeter player

But he can be a solid 3rd liner in his own zone and he's a terrific pk'er. Has wheels.

Could fetch a 3rd at the deadline.

Reactions: TFHockey

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Can't say I'm surprised, was worried when it was rumored MTL was interested. Doubt he is in the NHL 2 years from now. Injuries have hurt his offensive game.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
He's good on the PK but his offense has dried up completely. He can skate. Maybe an add in a larger deal. Worth a 3rd at the TDL? Sure.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
The hands just aren't there.

But he's a good skater and he plays a responsible game so the guy will carve out some sort of career as a poor man's Cogliano.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
He sucks offensively - the definition of underwhelming perimeter player

But he can be a solid 3rd liner in his own zone and he's a terrific pk'er. Has wheels.

Could fetch a 3rd at the deadline.
I agree with your evaluation, but why would a team give up a 3rd for him this year? He's on an expiring contract and has no goals so far this year. I could see him fetching a late round pick and that's about it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He’s a very confusing player. The eye test is solid. Skates really well. Good passer. Good instincts. Not caught out of position often. Strong PK option.

Shot that would be hard pressed to break a wet paper bag and I’m pretty near convinced that he can’t raise the puck.

I’d suggest he be dealt for another struggling guy of comparable age like Hudon but considering it’s us we’d probably get a guy with leprosy whose had limbs fall off and they’re just attached with toothpicks instead.

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I'm sure having no goals this season will be a great selling point. I expect a line up of teams with offers. To his credit though, he is not a bad player and can kill penalties.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I agree with your evaluation, but why would a team give up a 3rd for him this year? He's on an expiring contract and has no goals so far this year. I could see him fetching a late round pick and that's about it.

RFA at the end of the season and will be cheap to resign most likely.

Contenders will value a cheap, fast guy that's an excellent pker

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I was so happy when we signed him. Thought he would be a great fit on the third line. Now he looks like an overpayed 4th liner that can't score.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
He’s a very confusing player. The eye test is solid. Skates really well. Good passer. Good instincts. Not caught out of position often. Strong PK option.

Shot that would be hard pressed to break a wet paper bag and I’m pretty near convinced that he can’t raise the puck.

I’d suggest he be dealt for another struggling guy of comparable age like Hudon but considering it’s us we’d probably get a guy with leprosy whose had limbs fall off and they’re just attached with toothpicks instead.

latest

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Reactions: 780il and oXo Cube

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Sucks to see such a fall off. I really liked his game as a depth player when he was with the Coyotes, he was up there as far bottom six players go, Jack of all trades type player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad