Oilers t-shirts

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
With a rejuvenation for hockey thanks to all the wonderful things that happened this summer, I want to buy some Oilers-wear.

At a minimum, youth t-shirts (sizes for 4 and 5 year old) with McDavid and 97 at the back, and one with the same for myself.

OR

My youngest son gets McDavid and 97, oldest son gets Hall and 4 and I get Nurse and 25 (As an aside, who would be your three?).

I'm in Toronto area. Any websites to buy these? Found some US sites but with shipping, exchange and duties the prices are ridiculous.

Thanks.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
My youngest son gets McDavid and 97, oldest son gets Hall and 4 and I get Nurse and 25 (As an aside, who would be your three?).

I'm always a bit cautious to buy a rookie's shirt/jersey/whatever, because sometimes they'll switch up their numbers and then you're hooped. Nurse wore 74 which is a very rookie-esque number, and there'd probably be no problem if he asked to change to 25, but who knows.

Have you tried just going to your local hockey shop? Places like that or jersey city (or even Sportchek) have always had Oilers shirts for the big players for me, and I live in BC. You'll avoid shipping costs and duties that way, just call ahead first to see if they have it in stock!

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I'm always a bit cautious to buy a rookie's shirt/jersey/whatever, because sometimes they'll switch up their numbers and then you're hooped. Nurse wore 74 which is a very rookie-esque number, and there'd probably be no problem if he asked to change to 25, but who knows.

Have you tried just going to your local hockey shop? Places like that or jersey city (or even Sportchek) have always had Oilers shirts for the big players for me, and I live in BC. You'll avoid shipping costs and duties that way, just call ahead first to see if they have it in stock!

I believe McDavid will take and keep 97 ..Nurse will stay 25...only way Hall changes from 4 is if Lowe's jersey is retired (which only happens for the Oilers when a player in inducted into HHOF)

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Did not know Lids sold shirts. There's locations near me, i'll go in store and check them out. Went to a few local sport shops and they have shirts with no name or numbers. I also went in store to Sportchek. They have nothing right now other than some stuff from a loser local team around here...can't remember their name. Just checked online and they do have shirts online so i'll give them a look as well.

Doubt McDavid will change his number and Nurse has already played with 25 plus his twitter handle includes twofive so I think that sticks as well (if I can find his).

Thanks for the options.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Nurse changed to #25 before last season.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Did not know Lids sold shirts. There's locations near me, i'll go in store and check them out. Went to a few local sport shops and they have shirts with no name or numbers. I also went in store to Sportchek. They have nothing right now other than some stuff from a loser local team around here...can't remember their name. Just checked online and they do have shirts online so i'll give them a look as well.

Doubt McDavid will change his number and Nurse has already played with 25 plus his twitter handle includes twofive so I think that sticks as well (if I can find his).

Thanks for the options.

I only checked the Lids.ca website. I don't think the stores sell shirts.

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
I got a blue Mcdavid for my 3yo and an orange Mcdavid for my 8mo. Also love in TO but I had my parents in Edmonton pick me up for me.

You can also find these shirts in hockey stores like pro hockey life.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestions. Ended up getting myself (from Sportchek) and my boys (from Lids) the orange coloured shirts with McDavid and 97 on the back along with tickets to watch the Oilers in Detroit on Nov. 27. Super pumped for that! Oddly, Red Wings vs Oilers tickets were much more expensive this year then they've been in the past. I wonder why! :)

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I'd like to see those Orange shirts become a big hit and all the fans where Orange at the games. I know it looks more like a Philly thing but a lot of teams obviously share the same color with all the other teams so its no biggee. CGY has everyone in red Chicago the same.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Looks like Jersey City partnered up with Lids.ca. They have the shirts you're looking for.
River City Sports is also worth a try.

Lids bought out jersey city. I was in a store a couple days ago looking for a Watt Texans jersey, I've been looking all summer for one anyway a rep told me that they were getting more teams jerseys in because Lids bought out Jersey city.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad