Post-Game Talk: Oilers Still Can't Beat The West and Lose 4-1

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Does anyone think we should have a thread that just lists at in the OP all the retarted moves Eakins makes, such as:

Not starting Marincin
The Hunt experiment
The swarm with no slot coverage (for months and months we wasted doing this)
Playing the top line for 26 minutes a night last year
Playing Hunt over 5 min more than Fayne in the loss to the Preds

Honestly people ***** about this team but with some plain sense, no frills, hockey decisions we could be winning more of these games with the pieces we have.

I'm kinda curious how many are actually made by the guy above him. The first two especially.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Does anyone think we should have a thread that just lists at in the OP all the retarted moves Eakins makes, such as:

Not starting Marincin
The Hunt experiment
The swarm with no slot coverage (for months and months we wasted doing this)
Playing the top line for 26 minutes a night last year
Playing Hunt over 5 min more than Fayne in the loss to the Preds

Honestly people ***** about this team but with some plain sense, no frills, hockey decisions we could be winning more of these games with the pieces we have.

This is the way i feel. And if eberle is injured...get him out. We also for the most part have terrible ingame coaching. Its so consistently bad that when a good match up or double shift occurs or a line juggle i always figure the players just randomly revolted while eakins wasnt looking and cured an issue themselves.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
You know my levels of optimism and "realistic pessimism" goes somewhat up and down when I watch the players and the levels of effort they put out but one thing that's been steady and unflinching is my view that Eakins BLOWS as a coach.

I've thought he should be canned since very early last season and that continues on through all the wins and losses so far. He shows nothing that makes me think he has any sort of positive effect on this team and I can almost 100% guarantee that a coach like Ruff/Trotz/Laviolette and a whole swarm of other options would have been a better choice as head coach for this team.

When he's finally removed and a decent experienced head coach is in place... only then are we going to get any type of accurate assessment of what this team is actually capable of.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
The thing with Hunt is, besides Nikitin (who's hurt), none of our other d-men have a bomb from the point.

If the Oilers are going to continue to have trouble scoring 5v5, it's crucial to score on the PP.

That is literally the only reason Hunt is playing.

McDeathbyCheerios*

The thing with Hunt is, besides Nikitin (who's hurt), none of our other d-men have a bomb from the point.

If the Oilers are going to continue to have trouble scoring 5v5, it's crucial to score on the PP.

That is literally the only reason Hunt is playing.
We have more goals 5v5 our power play is even worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad