Confirmed with Link: Oilers Sign Keith Aulie (1-Year, $800k)

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Hope he likes popcorn.

Honestly, good option for the #7. On stretches where Marincin is drowning (they'll happen), he's a good left handed giant option to come in and calm the waters.

But in the last week:

Nikita Nikitin: 6'4, 223
Leon Draisaitl: 6'2, 210
Teddy Purcell: 6'3, 200
Mark Fayne: 6'4, 210
Benoit Pouliot: 6'3, 199
Keith Aulie: 6'6, 228

Mark Spector is smiling.

That is interesting, and needed, I'd like to see the people they're replacing though. Gagner, Joensuu, Fraser are going out to start, though Arco is Gagner's replacement at the time.

I do like the direction though. This team is worlds better than the opening roster last year.

I'm pumped for next year, if we get Grabovski or similar on a somewhat reasonable deal we did very well this year.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Hope he likes popcorn.

Honestly, good option for the #7. On stretches where Marincin is drowning (they'll happen), he's a good left handed giant option to come in and calm the waters.

But in the last week:

Mark Spector is smiling.

I'm loving this. We already have the talent, we just need size and in a matter of five days we manged to get much bigger. Only thing missing in the puzzle is a second line center, if you ask me. Nevertheless, I'm ecstatic with what Mac-Tavish has done not only in the past week, but all his moves since being our new GM. :handclap:

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Was watching Aulies fight vids on YouTube. He fought Thornton and lucic and did alright. I highly recommend the hartnell one, up if he does a few more of those we can start calling him Mohammed Aulie.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Aulie will be our 7th. We will use him for when we play certain teams like that goon Flames squad

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
He's young and has some nice tools, decent skater for his size and is decent at moving the puck. Good reclamation project, could become a full time NHLer yet.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
That is interesting, and needed, I'd like to see the people they're replacing though. Gagner, Joensuu, Fraser are going out to start, though Arco is Gagner's replacement at the time.

I do like the direction though. This team is worlds better than the opening roster last year.

I'm pumped for next year, if we get Grabovski or similar on a somewhat reasonable deal we did very well this year.

Now that we have bigger bodies on the wing, I'm not so leary about having Arco in the line-up.

Puliot-Arco-Hendriks could be a good energy line

Aulie will come in handy against the California teams, and others that play a heavier style game. He can step up right away if someone decides to push our skilled players around

DipsyMcDoodles

Apr 6, 2014
Edmonton
After editing the rosters in NHL 14 to match the signings I saw that Aulie is 77 overall with 4 yellow star potential! Yeah yeah, it's just a game but that's kinda interesting to see that he might have some upside rather than just being a 7th D plug. Makes you wonder what could happen... :naughty:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Hope he likes popcorn.

But in the last week:

Mark Spector is smiling.

So MacT sure addressed size didn't he? :laugh: Not a team of smurfs anymore. I'm expecting whoever we get as our 2nd line center will be big as well. :thumbu:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So MacT sure addressed size didn't he? :laugh: Not a team of smurfs anymore. I'm expecting whoever we get as our 2nd line center will be big as well. :thumbu:

I agree. We filled the bottom six and D with size. It makes too much sense to continue that into the top six. Legwand is that guy, a veteran to boot. I bet we are in on him and it will probably be an overpay. Rumour says that many are interested.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This signing is really intriguing to me and I am not just talking about his size and skating ability for a big man.

Aulie was only 24 years old last season and he has only played 136 games to date. Not nearly enough games to get a feel for the speed of the NHL. He also missed most of the 2013/14 NHL season due to injury and a significant portion of the 2012/13 NHL season as well.

If he can stay injury free he may surprise some people as he approaches the 200 game mark of his career...this is when many dmen begin to figure things out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad