Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Oilers sign Jakub Jerabek (1 year, 1M AAV)

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Well, history has shown you can’t win without having 17 bottom pairing LH D right?

So I suppose this is just one more indication that our jackass GM is planning on having Russell stay on the RH side despite repeatedly proving he sucks donkey balls over there.

Last edited:
Reactions: yababy

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well, history has shown you can’t win without having 17 bottom pairing LH D right?

So I suppose this is just one more indication that our jackass GM is planning on having Russell stay on the RH side despite repeatedly proving he sucks donkey balls over there.

Top four defencemen are hard to get and we’re not exactly overflowing with assets that we can afford to move.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He's pretty awful. Once in a while you say "Holy crap what a pass by Jerabek!" shortly followed with "What the f*** is Jerabek doing?".

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
It’s just Katzes’ money, doesn’t really matter to us either way.

He’s a decent Sekera replacement. Can’t possibly be worse than Sekera was last year.

Might even slot in ahead of Gravel.

Sekera must have fallen hard if Jerabek can't be worst than him last year. I get that he was coming back from injury, but still.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sekera must have fallen hard if Jerabek can't be worst than him last year. I get that he was coming back from injury, but still.

Sekera was *really* bad after coming back. He had no strength or mobility and got beat all over the ice. He was dragging down a 20 year old Ethan Bear.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He's pretty awful. Once in a while you say "Holy crap what a pass by Jerabek!" shortly followed with "What the **** is Jerabek doing?".
I like it. I'd rather we have someone potentially good than guaranteed mediocre. If jakub sucks we can send him to the AHL

We have really good two way D so I think we can cover his warts.

Still I was hoping we could trade for someone as good as Sekera or close to it

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I like it. I'd rather we have someone potentially good than guaranteed mediocre. If jakub sucks we can send him to the AHL

We have really good two way D so I think we can cover his warts.

Still I was hoping we could trade for someone as good as Sekera or close to it
He seems like a 7th dman to me.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
That's it, plan the parade!

Seriously, there isn't much chia could do since he already gave away all his valuable assets for pennies on the dollar. The only person left to move is rnh, and that would be pretty disastrous for this teams forward depth.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He's pretty awful. Once in a while you say "Holy crap what a pass by Jerabek!" shortly followed with "What the **** is Jerabek doing?".
First year in North America. Not overly shocking.

At the end of the day he's not expected to do a lot for us. Just taking a shot on a guy that has some upside at a position we need help at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad