Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Oilers sign Jakub Jerabek (1 year, 1M AAV)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Yes he played so many games and minutes. Absolutely pivotal to their success.
He actually was fairly important to helping the Capitals stabilize their blueline near the end of the regular season. He sucked in the playoffs and rightfully lost his playing time to Djoos, but he was still a useful asset down the stretch. The Caps were treading water before the trade deadline, and he helped turn that around.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
At least the Oilers press box popcorn machine will be well maintained and stocked with exciting and interesting flavor selections.

Reactions: MC2D

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Decent depth signing. Jerabek skates well and has some offensive ability. His play in his own end is NHL average at best. Decent replacement for losing Sekera to injury.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I like this for the team and player. JJ was really solid for the Caps in the regular season, IMO better than Kempny. He lost his spot in the playoffs, but he was a good player for a couple of months on a very good team. Montreal fans seem to like him, too.

I wouldn't have minded at all if the Caps brought him back.

Reactions: GoCaps2004

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
When the 2017-18 Habs don’t want you, you ****ing suck.

I wouldn't say that, it's not like management knows what the f*** they are doing. They should have played the crap out of Jerabek, instead they played Benn who sucked turds, Alzner who just flopped around on the ice making snow angels likely still in shock that someone actually was paying him 6M to look worse then an AHL defensemen.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
At least the Oilers press box popcorn machine will be well maintained and stocked with exciting and interesting flavor selections.

schultz.gif

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
so with this signing do the oilers still have 6 giordanos, or just five now? asking for a friend

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Sekera was *really* bad after coming back. He had no strength or mobility and got beat all over the ice. He was dragging down a 20 year old Ethan Bear.

ya man, it's like Sekera forgot how to play hockey. Kinda shocked at the depth of the fall

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russel
Jerabek/Gravel- Benning

Likely our D opening night.

If Klefbom and Larsson play to their abilities like we saw in 2016-17 then D shouldnt be as big as an issue as it seems.

Don't sleep on Ethan Bear. He was impressive last season, and he's been training like the terminator this summer. And Nurse is still yet to be signed. Could be another Trouba situation which can cut into the season. His agent is delusional in thinking he deserves a long-term 6M+ contract, he hasn't proven consistency yet, there are games last season where he was downright terrible. In the IIHF worlds he was generally getting roasted as the worst d-man on the team giving up multiple odd-man rushes. If he doesn't sign by October, I could see Bouchard getting a nice trial run.

And I would guess Benning has a spot to lose, and it's Jerabek/Gravel/Bear fighting for that last spot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad