Scouting reports say he is a feisty 4th line type

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
iiro_pakarinen_kalpa-2x.jpg

Iiro Pakarinen
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=30857

A large winger shooting from his right. An energetic player with good skating and a nice frame. Possesses a good sharp, wrist shot and is a solid finisher. A hard worker and versatile player who can also play as a defenceman. (Matias Strozyk, 2012)

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Token Finn acquisition of the year?

Name sounds too much like Paajarvi and not at all like Tikk to Kurri to my liking..:p:;)

ps this is a jk around post. I probably have to state that.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Holy ****!!! A good friend of mine. :handclap:

This has potential to be a very good and underrated signing. Pakarinen reminds me a lot of Jarome Iginla, he's good skater, very physical and he has rocket of a shot. He also has good defensive abilities (he has played a lot as a defender too). On PP he is able to cause havoc and screen in front of the net or shoot hard slappers from the point.

I approve this signing. :naughty:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

Thats cool!

---
@Bob_Stauffer
As per @capgeek the @EdmontonOilers sign Iiro Pakarinen to a 2-way 2-year contract. Pakarinen is a former Florida draft who is 6'1" winger. Pakarinen scored 20 goals in 60 GP with HIFK Helsinki this season and moved up from 4th line to a 2nd line role at the WHC this spring. Oilers Finnish Scout Matti Virmanen pushed hard for Pakarinen who played for the Silver Medal winning Finns and their GM Jari Kurri at WHC.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

This has potential to be a very good and underrated signing. Pakarinen reminds me a lot of Jarome Iginla, he's good skater, very physical and he has rocket of a shot. He also has good defensive abilities (he has played a lot as a defender too). On PP he is able to cause havoc and screen in front of the net or shoot hard slappers from the point.

I approve this signing. :naughty:

Sounds like what we wanted Hartikaninen to be. I'm intrigued.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

I approve this signing.

Will he drop the gloves?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
In watching the WHC he was definitely one of the players who grabbed my attention.... though part of that was because every time the announcers said his name I thought they were saying Pekka Rinne. Either way, good depth move that increases competition at camp. One of these under the radar signings will eventually be a homerun, maybe this is the one?

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
It's an okay minor signing, but for a guy with less numbers than Petrell, I'm hoping it's just OKC depth and that he isn't pencilled in.

The Oilers RW depth is:
Eberle, Yakupov, Joensuu (LW also), Arcobello (C also), Pitlick, Pinizzotto, Andrew Miller (C also)

Clearly there was some room in OKC for a RW as they had two guys on AHL deals there (Ford and Holmberg) so it'd be decent to see depth wise what he's capable of.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
No, but he makes opponents drop their gloves. He is an agitator, not a fighter.

Finland does produce a lot of those type of players. It's great that he is willing to stand in front of the net and take some abuse too. That quality alone might be enough to earn him a spot on the fourth line depending on how training camp and preseason goes. It is a bonus that he is a right hand shot.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Finland does produce a lot of those type of players. It's great that he is willing to stand in front of the net and take some abuse too. That quality alone might be enough to earn him a spot on the fourth line depending on how training camp and preseason goes. It is a bonus that he is a right hand shot.

Yup, that's why I want Leo Komarov too. Komarov and Pakarinen would be an absolute nightmare to play against. They'd piss the living **** out of everybody.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad