Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Braden Christoffer

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Happy to see this, guys with his level of grit and hustle are always welcome to join the org. If he improves his skating a bit he could be a very effective player for us. Basically what people were/are hoping that Chase will be pus he is a scrapper albeit a lightweight on top of it.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Glad to hear this. Love kids like this who overcome odds with hard work and determination. He'll be one to keep an eye on in Bakersfield. Will be interesting to see if he could translate his good play to the pros.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Glad to hear this. Love kids like this who overcome odds with hard work and determination. He'll be one to keep an eye on in Bakersfield. Will be interesting to see if he could translate his good play to the pros.

Indeed, the contract is well earned from the young man, I really liked his camp.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Hard working player. Good for him. He's earned it. :handclap:

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Very happy for him! I was really impressed with his play in rookie camp and preseason.. reminded me a little of a pre captaincy ethan moreau.. heart and soul kind of guy with grit and some touch.

If everything went perfect with his development I could see him as a solid 3rd liner who can do spot duty in the top 6 from time to time to piss off other teams..

Anyone else agree with that comparison or am I crazy?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Very happy for him! I was really impressed with his play in rookie camp and preseason.. reminded me a little of a pre captaincy ethan moreau.. heart and soul kind of guy with grit and some touch.

If everything went perfect with his development I could see him as a solid 3rd liner who can do spot duty in the top 6 from time to time to piss off other teams..

Anyone else agree with that comparison or am I crazy?

Chopper was a lot bigger than Christoffer is.

McDavidMcCup

Jul 9, 2007
I like his game. He showed skill when playing on the PP with McDavid and Draisaitl in the Oilers-Bears game. I love his hustle. Understand he took a lot of penalties in his final pre-season game prior to transfer down. This will be something he will have to learn; how to be an agitator and yet not be a deficit to the team with penalties.

Nice sign Oilers.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Well deserved. He's going to need a couple of years in the AHL but hopefully he can make the big show at some point. Loved his game.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
This guy impressed the hell out of me in Pentiction.
If he can have a decent year in the AHL I say we toss him into our top 10 prospects given this will behis first pro season.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
They did? Seems like a stupid reason to **** on someone. Cristoffer was a gamer, it was pretty evident in the games he played.

I'm exaggerating a bit but nobody thought it seemed plausible or wise. There's a thread a couple pages back i had made about the possibility during TC.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Surprised by this, anything he does will be a bonus, I don't expect much long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad