Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Braden Christoffer

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
confirmed with link? :help:
Well, there's no "Confirmed Without Link" prefix that I'm aware of.

Since they already had him on an AHL deal, I'm assuming this means maybe they saw enough good things to consider some NHL time this year?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Great news! Him and Platzer will be good options in 3 years when we are in cap hell.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
A little surprised they didn't see how he performed the year in the AHL. But good for him. He had an impressive rookie camp.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Well, there's no "Confirmed Without Link" prefix that I'm aware of.

Since they already had him on an AHL deal, I'm assuming this means maybe they saw enough good things to consider some NHL time this year?

God, I hope not. I think we're finally past the stage of rushing guys to the NHL stage before they're ready, with the Drai and Nurse send downs. Let the kid perculate in the AHL for a couple years until he's really pushing for a job up here.

McDeathbyCheerios*

God, I hope not. I think we're finally past the stage of rushing guys to the NHL stage before they're ready, with the Drai and Nurse send downs. Let the kid perculate in the AHL for a couple years until he's really pushing for a job up here.
Playing a few games up here in a call up isn't rushing. It's giving them a cup of coffee as a reward for good play and gives the team an ability to assess player progress. Yeah he shouldn't be here for a bunch of games but being called up for 2-5 due to injuries is absolutely fine.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Playing a few games up here in a call up isn't rushing. It's giving them a cup of coffee as a reward for good play and gives the team an ability to assess player progress. Yeah he shouldn't be here for a bunch of games but being called up for 2-5 due to injuries is absolutely fine.
Yep, I'd have no issue with that. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened with a lot of players throughout the year.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Congrats to him. Certainly well deserved. Hopefully he continues with his level of play in the AHL.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Agreed. We saw this player mostly against prospects. Where he fared well. He was less noticeable in some of the exhibition games. This is an AHL player. I saw a player that set himself apart from kids, that's about it. AHL will be a learning curve for him. Probably a steep one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad