Sportsnet: Oilers shopping Jussi Jokinen

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Jokinen has the highest 5on5 Relative Corsi For % among all Oilers forwards at 7.54% as well as the highest xGF% at 77.97%(!!). Also ranks 4th among Oilers forwards in xGF at 5.45.

And the Oilers need goals... so getting rid of him sounds like a great idea lol

He's got an oiSH% of 0%(!!!!). Zero. And a PDO of 88.0. That's in 9 games.

Could he be any unluckier? I don't think so. Would be dumb for the Oilers to let him go but by all means, please do. Chiarelli gonna Chiarelli.

You could just ogle spreadsheets or you could listen to those of us that watch every game. I swear in most games this year I couldn't tell you if he was playing or not in-game, he's absolutely invisible.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Style wise, that's not out of the norm for Jokinen. However, the Oilers were still probably expecting some production out of him.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
You could just ogle spreadsheets or you could listen to those of us that watch every game. I swear in most games this year I couldn't tell you if he was playing or not in-game, he's absolutely invisible.

I'm all for whatever makes the Oilers worse so if they get rid of him, I'll be a happy camper.

Now if they sign Kelly if/when they send Yamamoto back to junior, I'll be ecstatic.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Not worth anything anymore.

Oilers could waive him and he wouldn't be picked up. He was an acceptable risk, but that risk is over.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Jokinen has the highest 5on5 Relative Corsi For % among all Oilers forwards at 7.54% as well as the highest xGF% at 77.97%(!!). Also ranks 4th among Oilers forwards in xGF at 5.45.

And the Oilers need goals... so getting rid of him sounds like a great idea lol

He's got an oiSH% of 0%(!!!!). Zero. And a PDO of 88.0. That's in 9 games.

Could he be any unluckier? I don't think so. Would be dumb for the Oilers to let him go but by all means, please do. Chiarelli gonna Chiarelli.
of coarse if this meant anything the oilers would be happy with him instead of trying to get rid of him.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
We're talking about a veteran player who only makes 1.1 million on a 1-year deal. Just let him be a decent depth player who kills penalties.

People are disappointed we're not getting the 45-60 point Jokinen for 1.1 million for some reason. They got their hopes up that he was still that player. Just let him be the aging fourth liner that he's paid to be.

Reactions: phil steve

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Oh right, because the professionals neeeveeer make mistakes. Got it.

You're assuming the mistake would be his based on a small sample size of stats you find interesting, as if that's all that matters.

Obviously, many people who have been watching Jokinen don't see it the same way.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Honestly I'm not sure they'd waive him. Why get rid of a cheap reliable vet? Even if he wasn't what they expected, he's still useful as a 4th liner/PB forward.

Wasn't there a simular talk with Strome eariler this week too? Next on the list we'll hear how Auvitu is availible for the right price...

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
I'm all for whatever makes the Oilers worse so if they get rid of him, I'll be a happy camper.

Now if they sign Kelly if/when they send Yamamoto back to junior, I'll be ecstatic.

Actually dumping Jussi will have absolutely zero effect on the Oilers because he himself has had zero effect.

#Flamessuck

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Last time sportsnet had a rumor Bob McKenzie came out a couple days later and debunked it.

Jokinen hasn't been good offensively and I don't see anyone really wanting him this early in the year. He is the type of guy that you want offense out of, but if he can PK and be a solid defensive forward I'm sure you can hold on to him. Especially considering he was brought in to help JP whenever he makes the club.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I thought he was supposed to be the best signing of free agency. Yet another steal by Chiarelli....?!

Look, I get you like to rag on Chiarelli and the Oilers every opportunity you get. You do this in every Oilers thread. You have some agenda, axe to grind, you name it against the guy.

Jokinen has played a whopping ten games with the Oilers. He has very good possession numbers according to Corsica. He, like a lot of the team, is having trouble putting the puck in the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad