Pre-Game Talk: Oilers ship sinking fast. They need an Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Holloway continues to rot playing 5 mins on the 4th line than play 20 mins with special teams in the AHL. Hamblin or Shore can easily play 5 minutes on the 4th line and both can PK.

Holland continues to be a fraud with his “over-ripening”.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
To be fair, they do suck at that despite their PP prowess. They've scored maybe 12 6-on-5 goals this decade.

Maybe practice d zone coverage. Maybe practice the horrid PK. Maybe practice the useless breakout. Maybe practice battle levels.

It’s comical what this idiot coach views as a priority.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Maybe practice d zone coverage. Maybe practice the horrid PK. Maybe practice the useless breakout. Maybe practice battle levels.

It’s comical what this idiot coach views as a priority.

You're gonna love Woodcroft's next planned practise ... slam dunk contest on 8 foot rims and a 3 point shooting competition at the local gym. All this hockey, hockey, hockey ... it just gets grating after a while, lets have some fun.

Reactions: Macheteops

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Because THIS is the main problem with the Oilers….:laugh:

Woodcroft is hovering at Eakins level idiocy and rapidly descending.

Its so unspeakably stupid. Seems like theres much more wrong with this club than practicing 6-5. Maybe playing to a degree that we don't need 6-5 pull our goalie hail mary prayers.

Maybe the coach could take a mental note that you pull the goalie right away when you have a 4 minute PP that would leak into OT while one goal down.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You're gonna love Woodcroft's next planned practise ... slam dunk contest on 8 foot rims and a 3 point shooting competition at the local gym. All this hockey, hockey, hockey ... it just gets grating after a while, lets have some fun.
They could all play in McD's basement if he's still living there...He has the full halfcourt setup there.

ps of course Yama still glued to the hip to Draisaitl. How did I know?

Lets party DRy line like its 2019. It hasn't work since but hey...

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Oilers Pros:
McDavid
Kostin
Skinner might play well
Draisaitl looks grumpy

Oilers cons:
Islanders play good defense and have started scoring goals.
Barzal aka the guy we gave away for Griffin Reinhart is suddenly on pace for 85 pts.
Dobson, Nelson, Lee & Pageau are playing well.
Sorokin is very good.
This game is being played in Edmonton, Alberta.
Ken Holland is still asleep.

Reactions: RegDunlop

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Yesterday was another skillz n drillz session - optional in fact because practice should be optional for this overperforming group.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Wouldn't practicing a 6-on-5 also involve D zone coverage?

They need 5v5 d coverage and PK practice. Battle level practice. Not 6v5 practice. They already do well defending 6v5 and have the best PP in NHL history which is what a 6v5 is on the offensive side of the puck.

It’s a joke.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They need 5v5 d coverage and PK practice. Battle level practice. Not 6v5 practice. They already do well defending 6v5.

It’s a joke.
I mean I guess, but the Oilers have never worked on their weaknesses for the past 15 years. Why would today be any different? Everything's hunky dorry for the paycheck collectors up top.

Also those lines suck. I f***ing hate our useless bottom six. Get f***ed with a rake, Katz.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I mean I guess, but the Oilers have never worked on their weaknesses for the past 15 years. Why would today be any different? Everything's hunky dorry for the paycheck collectors up top.

So start sometime. Now would be a good day after gassing yet another home game.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers Pros:
McDavid
Kostin
Skinner might play well
Draisaitl looks grumpy

Oilers cons:
Islanders play good defense and have started scoring goals.
Barzal aka the guy we gave away for Griffin Reinhart is suddenly on pace for 85 pts.
Dobson, Nelson, Lee & Pageau are playing well.
Sorokin is very good.
This game is being played in Edmonton, Alberta.
Ken Holland is still asleep.
The Islanders are just the kind of team that will pound us. Not liking the looks of this one.

1672861485836.png

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
So start sometime. Now would be a good day after gassing yet another home game.
Let's be real, nothing they practice will sink in anyways. In fact I think you could argue that skipping practice would probably be helpful. This team does everything wrong. They're the shittiest shits of the shit blizzard.

They need to go full George Costanza.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Let's be real, nothing they practice will sink in anyways. In fact I think you could argue that skipping practice would probably be helpful. This team does everything wrong. They're the shittiest shits of the shit blizzard.

You're doing it for them.

I hope theres not as many reruns or sequels in the cards. Its good but gets old.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Sending Yamo, Bouchard and PJ to the press box for a game or 10 might be the attention getter the underachievers need. (But whose kidding who - this coach coddles players and there’s a lot of concrete in those craniums)

Kostin McDavid Hyman
RNH Draisaitl Holloway
Foegele McLoed Janmark
Shore Hamblin Ryan for the 5 minutes the 4th line plays here.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Sending Yamo, Bouchard and PJ to the press box for a game or 10 might be the attention getter the underachievers need. (But whose kidding who - this coach coddles players and there’s a lot of concrete in those craniums)

Kostin McDavid Hyman
RNH Draisaitl Holloway
Foegele McLoed Janmark
Shore Hamblin Ryan for the 5 minutes the 4th line plays here.
The problem with press boxing any of those players is that you have to play Shore or Murray or whatever other replacement level player we have. Our depth is laughably bad at all positions except center.

I'm tired of RNH being put on the wing. Stop f***ing doing it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
AS per the thread;

Private Islands Inc - Islands for Sale and Rent

Browse hundreds of islands available for sale and rent worldwide. Private Islands Online is the most comprehensive guide to buying, selling and renting private islands. Explore the possibilities...
www.privateislandsonline.com

Proviso that round island isn't round and Supershe island does not come complete with she's.

The Belize islands do come with quality drug running gun boats dropping by regularly to see if you have any cash or valuables on hand you need rid of..

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The problem with press boxing any of those players is that you have to play Shore or Murray or whatever other replacement level player we have. Our depth is laughably bad at all positions except center.

I'm tired of RNH being put on the wing. Stop f***ing doing it.

Play Nemo. Shore at 5 mins in the bottom line is no big deal.

Press box these 3 useless underachieving players for a game. Send a message.

But Woody wants to be their buddies and he’s more stubborn than Tippett. That’s a real bad combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad