GDT: Oilers @ Sharks 8:30pm -The turn it around GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Alright somebody's gotta do it. When we slack on GDT's the team slacks on the ice.
  • Yakupov may return for the first time in 21 games
  • Kassian probably has his first start as an Oiler
  • Hendricks still out for boarding the **** out of Ekblad.
  • Colonel Klink waived

Will post lineups when available.

Sorry gents, no time to do a nice job, here's the practice lineups at least:
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=33403

Last edited:

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Alright somebody's gotta do it. When we slack on GDT's the team slacks on the ice.
  • Yakupov may return for the first time in 21 games
  • Kassian probably has his first start as an Oiler
  • Hendricks still out for boarding the **** out of Ekblad.

Will post lineups when available.

Burns with the hat trick, Oilers lose 6-1. We then send hunt down and replace him with nikitin

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
another 4 point game... oilers will do what the oilers do best.

3-1 for SJ, oilers lead 1-0 for 2 periods then blow it in the third.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
A win puts us 4pts out of playoffs spot :S

A loss means we are finished... 8pts out of playoffs spot.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Probably founded on nothing but Unicorns and rainbows, but I have a feeling the Oilers pull out a win here assuming that Yakupov and Kassian play.

I think more than anything this team just looks stale, and those two in the lineup might just be the injection of enthusiasm the team needs to take 2 points from a team that despite their 3 game win streak still has the worst home record in the NHL.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
4-3 oilers with Zack and Yak playing. They will win it for the coach because they need a reason to play hard. Making the playoffs is so foreign to this team that we need other reasons to put in an effort.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Oilers will get beat, Calgary or zona will walk in two days later and lay a beating on them.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I pity whatever goalie gets this short straw assignment.

We're getting Sharks tank at the worst possible time. They are filling the net with pucks.

My take is its going to be Talbot, he usually gets the tougher starts plus Nillson has been ******** the bed for 5 weeks now.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I pity whatever goalie gets this short straw assignment.

We're getting Sharks tank at the worst possible time. They are filling the net with pucks.

My take is its going to be Talbot, he usually gets the tougher starts plus Nillson has been ******** the bed for 5 weeks now.

Gotta agree here, Nilsson didn't earn a back to back start.

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
Sharks third game in four nights and they don't play very well at home,maybe there is a chance.

hawks889

Jul 6, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta,
4-3 oilers with Zack and Yak playing. They will win it for the coach because they need a reason to play hard. Making the playoffs is so foreign to this team that we need other reasons to put in an effort.

Its pretty sad that they a need a reason to play hard. The fact they are still not really out of the playoff race yet should be reason enough.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Gotta agree here, Nilsson didn't earn a back to back start.

IMO I don't think Nilsson deserves a start until we play on back to back nights. Being absolutely terrible in 6-7 straight games means you don't play until absolutely necessary IMO. His game against Arizona was Dubnykesque. Unable to track the puck, easy goals from the point, failed to cover a loose puck right in front of him leading to a goal, etc.

When Talbot went cold he was parked for while to find his game, now the same has to be done for Nilsson.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
2-0 lead, then final score 7-2 sharks.

Then we delay McDavid return until March 3rd.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
hendo-00.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad