Proposal: Oilers | Sabres - Oilers All-In

gotyournose

Oct 24, 2019
I can’t imagine Eichel would want to be second fiddle to McDavid on the oilers. He already is second in terms of comparison and has not come close to the playoffs. True definition of adding insult to injury

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
How about Buffalo goes ALL IN!

To Buffalo

Connor McDavid
Leon Draisaitl
Darnell Nurse

To Edmonton

Taylor Hall (contract extension agreed before the trade)
Jack Quinn
Arttu Ruotsalainen
Henri Jokiharju
Jeff Skinner
Carter Hutton
Linus Weissbach OR Mattias Samuelsson
1st round pick 2022
1st round pick 2023
Three gift coupons for Buffalo Wings

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I can’t imagine Eichel would want to be second fiddle to McDavid on the oilers. He already is second in terms of comparison and has not come close to the playoffs. True definition of adding insult to injury
Probably third fiddle.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I don't think any UFAs would equate to a first round pick for just a few days of negotiation rights. Not that RNH would sign with Buffalo.

I hear you, this counter proposal to the OP has a few assumptions, like RNH signing with Buffalo. Obviously the Oilers wouldn't move heaven and earth for Eichel as he'd play behind McDavid and likely wouldn't move Draisaitl off of whatever line Tippett had him. The Sabres are reported to be asking for four first round assets. With the cap being what it is this was the best I could come up with.

In truth the Oilers need a 3C, a 2nd Line LHD and a top six LW. They don't need a star like Eichel, especially at the required cost.

I hope Buffalo gets a good return for him when he does get dealt. The fans deserve it.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
If he’s on a winning team, I don’t think he’d really care if he’s second fiddle or not. If this deal miraculously went through (it wouldn’t EVER). You’d have Mcdavid, Draisaitl, Eichel, Dahlin and Nurse all on the same team.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Did Buffalo steal your girlfrend OP? If not why are you abusing them? There are some good pieces there from the Oilers but not the kind of assets it would take.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Can we do Reinhart for a 1st and Samarukov
That's a lot for a guy we might not be able to afford to re-sign.

I'd prefer to try to work out something for Ullmark, but if there is a bidding war on him, then I don't think we can jump into the market. Not that it matters much, Holland said he is happy with the 1-2 punch in net. Hopefully that means he is happy having two good goalies, not that he is happy with our two goalies, ha ha.

Reactions: TFHockey

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He would not feel insulted playing behind the best player of this generation. Besides he would have Drai to look at and see how it is possible to coexist with other superstars.

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
The trade occurs after the expansion draft, but before FA so at or around the entry draft.

To EDM:

Jack Eichel
Rasmus Dahlin
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen

To BUF:

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (extension signed upon trade to BUF)
Philip Broberg
Dmitri Samorukov
Caleb Jones
Zack Kassian
Mikko Koskinen
Olivier Rodrigue or Stuart Skinner
2022 1st Round Pick
2023 1st Round Pick

Lol, please just stop it

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
To Buffalo:
McDavid
Draisaitl
Yamamoto

To Edmonton:
Hall
Skinner
Okposo
Hutton
2 firsts (conditional)

We can be convinced to take back RNH if you need the cap to even out a bit

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
No f***ing way in hell

Samarikov isn’t signed and is a UFA after 1 June deadline

To get Reinhart it costs you a lot more than that.
Samurokov is still under contract. He's on loan to the KHL, but he is on contract, and after this contract he is an RFA, not a UFA. Plus he's nearly NHL ready, probably could make an NHL team next year, or be a good call up now, we just didn't have room for all of our defensemen. He has good value I would think.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No f***ing way in hell

Samarikov isn’t signed and is a UFA after 1 June deadline

To get Reinhart it costs you a lot more than that.

What are you on about, no he's not. He's under contract for his ELC until the end of 2022.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad