Speculation: Oilers Rebuild

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
With how this Season has gone down the drain and how there are so many holes on this team,is it wrong for me to believe that the Oilers need to rebuild the rebuild?

After 3 First overall picks:
Defense is still Bad
Center Depth is Bad
Lack of Size and Grit in Top 6
Bottom 6 is all over the place

?

Many Fans are going to blast me because they believe that this team needs to start winning now,but really, how is that even possible when this team is missing so many valuable pieces for success?

Last edited:

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Oilers rebuild:

Groundhog_Day_%28movie_poster%29.jpg

The Human Torch

Sep 7, 2005
Amsterdam
I think we can universally agree that the Tambellini rebuild was a complete, abject failure. Still indeterminate as to whether MacT can pull this thing out of the fire.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
I think we can universally agree that the Tambellini rebuild was a complete, abject failure. Still indeterminate as to whether MacT can pull this thing out of the fire.

I hope you're right because I'm getting more worried that the Oilers are never going to be where the Avs are this season.

Mactavish contract offer to Clarkson wasn't a good sign at all.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Couldn't find one of the dozen other threads on the Oiler's struggles to post this?

Should be closed...

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
If management really did believe that Nilsson/Cogliano/Gagner were going to turn this team around then that's very worrisome.

They don't know what the hell they are doing then.:amazed:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I could see it from a mile away that Gagner/Cogliano/Nilsson were never going to make this team successful.

That's humiliating on who ever thought that was going to work.:banghead::facepalm:

Edmonton did what Calgary did for a few years.

They struggled early on
They had a post-Christmas surge
They bought at the deadline
They came up just short of the playoffs
They believed they were good enough to make the playoffs
They bought at the draft/free agency

Repeat.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Edmonton did what Calgary did for a few years.

They struggled early on
They had a post-Christmas surge
They bought at the deadline
They came up just short of the playoffs
They believed they were good enough to make the playoffs
They bought at the draft/free agency

Repeat.

And after 2 years it then becomes 5 years and then 7 years and you're wondering why is it we can't seem to have a successful team.

Oh boy do I wish it was the 1980's again.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
And after 2 years it then becomes 5 years and then 7 years and you're wondering why is it we can't seem to have a successful team.

Oh boy do I wish it was the 1980's again.

You know the fanbase would've rioted if we blew it up after 08 or 09.

I'm sure many around here wouldn't have dreamed two years after '08 we'd finish last overall.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Rebuild is so close to being over. Just need a few more 1st overalls, a couple top pairing dmen, some third line wingers and a 4th line center, as well as an entire coaching staff.

We're so close!

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Rebuild is so close to being over. Just need a few more 1st overalls, a couple top pairing dmen, some third line wingers and a 4th line center, as well as an entire coaching staff.

We're so close!

Funny stuff because it is so sad this team is so far away from being a contender.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
You know the fanbase would've rioted if we blew it up after 08 or 09.

I'm sure many around here wouldn't have dreamed two years after '08 we'd finish last overall.

I wish those Fans thought more scrupulously on what the future held for the franchise.The management giving such high praise to Nilsson/Cogliano/Gagner and the Fans accepting it pushed this team back from success for years now.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Something that has also always driven me up the wall is the constant put a second line player onto the first line and put a at best 2nd pairing defenseman onto the first pairing and then try to convince the Fans on how this team is going to be so successful.

The management has done it again this season with their supposedly stunned reations on why it is that this team wasn't good this season.

Look at this team on Paper and you can easily see that this team wasn't going to be successful this season.

How could you be shocked on this teams misfortunes this season when it was as indisputable that this team was going to be in the bottom of the standings.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I wish those Fans thought more scrupulously on what the future held for the franchise.The management giving such high praise to Nilsson/Cogliano/Gagner and the Fans accepting it pushed this team back from success for years now.

Oh please, hindsight and all that.

It's nauseating to think we got that close to the playoffs with those three as our top line and the kids we have now can't even get us close.

and EVERY coach bumps players up the lineup. http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/lines/19/chicago-blackhawks Do you think Handzus is a 2C?

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad