Post-Game Talk: Oilers put Hollywood in production hell

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The amount of times it was a shit show on the ice and we got no explanation was ridiculous.
I should just turn the volume off but I like the rink sounds and the crowd noise albeit there wasn't any last night. lol Its hard to hear crying and tears.

LA crowd was like Brazil when Germany stomped them 7-1 in a World Cup.

Can't believe I'm saying this but he hasn't been bad this series. Debrusk on the other hand...
I don't know if Singh got a memo but he's been much more favorable to the Oilers, increasingly. I wonder if even Bob Cole RIP memories and calls has had him reflectt more on which team is actually Canada's team.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Its strange even that Talbot made the best save in the game on a close in deflection. Yikes, that was actually hard. To say that he got no help today from Doughtys opening miscue on is about it.

Doughty has had two pretty bad games in this series. Sure he's scored a couple. But he's mentally been short circuiting.

Kings PP though, man, its awful. What is Hiller looking at? That unit don't work and they aren't even getting the puck to Kempe. Fiala botched 7 plays on PP tonight. He's so inside his own head he's useless.

Kings not making any adjustments, still using the pk diamond as well. Hiller looks to be not very good.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Hrudey has talked about how low he sunk in his broadcasting and his feelings about it and that he would read comments and take them to heart. Just saying that because it seems like Debrusk too. Both are too stubborn it would seem to be in public eye like they are.

Some media really need to be more composed and less reactive. I remember David Staples coming in here and posting and losing it on people. Man you can't be doing that in your profession.

I wonder if Spector and Matheson have had accounts here.
They all lurk in here

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
They all lurk in here
haha. A few of us have tested for echo. Yeah. with both theres times where stuff that gets posted here get flat out lifted.

Its easy to love this team as the players are so honest and give acknowledgement when deserved. Talbot is in a terrible spot and yet not caving. Still battling even at that score line while getting little help.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
6 goals so far in the playoffs for Hyman which means if you count both his regular season of 54 goals and 6 in the playoffs, he officially hit 60! Congrats Hyman!
Because you know, Cuthbert had to be a goof a couple days ago in the leafs/bruins game, and mention Matthews hitting 70 goals after scoring once so far in the playoffs.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
GMJg59XWMAA7_n8.jpeg

Not my fault skinner

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
haha. A few of us have tested for echo. Yeah. with both theres times where stuff that gets posted here get flat out lifted.

Its easy to love this team as the players are so honest and give acknowledgement when deserved. Talbot is in a terrible spot and yet not caving. Still battling even at that score line while getting little help.
Not many times does a goalie get scored on 6 times and still have a good game considering the Oilers had 8.8 xGF.

Holy that’s a bad sv %. :laugh:
Shows how good our team is, we can outscore that level of goaltending.

Hard to blame them. Very little goes unnoticed on the HF boards.
zjlaing has a quote from @5 Mins 4 Ftg in his twitter banner.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
So far in the series the Oilers PP is at approx 50%.
If that wasnt impressive enough they are doing that against the 2nd best PK in the NHL.
So the Kings cant even drag the game into the alley because they will lose.

The Kings PP hasnt scored at all in 10 PP opprtunites.
The Oilers have been perfect on the PK.
On top of all that the Kings cant keep up with the Oilers 5x5.
LA is screwed.

The only thing I am concerned about is injuries.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Good confirmation last night that the Kings know they are not good enough. They know they have to goon it up and try to injure players to have a chance if the magic flukey bounces aren't going to keep gifting them goals.

Need to finish these punks off quick. Hope we can put a few good games in a row together now.
The Kings know they are not. I still give them a modicum of credit for not purposely sidestepping the Oilers and winning their last game to place third and have to play us. Vegas cheaters opted otherwise. I think as much as Kings are hated here they at least didn't bale out like Vegas did. Nobody wanted to have to play Oilers in first round.

Doughty, scummy as he can be even said its not a rivalry because the Oilers always wax us. he might have been playing games with that but he's not unlike Sutter in speaking well of the Oilers. They know what McDrai/Hyman etc are. The series was as hard as it gets for Kings in matchup, they took it on anyway.

Vegas took on Dallas for their own benefit. On purpose.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
So far in the series the Oilers PP is at approx 50%.
If that wasnt impressive enough they are doing that against the 2nd best PK in the NHL.
So the Kings cant even drag the game into the alley because they will lose.

The Kings PP hasnt scored at all in 10 PP opprtunites.
The Oilers have been perfect on the PK.
On top of all that the Kings cant keep up with the Oilers 5x5.
LA is screwed.

The only thing I am concerned about is injuries.
This is where im at, its been like this the last 2 years.

When Edmonton comes to play, it usually results in a blowout, LA is only winning games on lucky bounces.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Quinton Byfield is in his first playoffs as a go to player and he's +5 in this series. Already the best player on the Kings and that separation only going to increase.

This guy is 21yrs old, 225lbs already and plays hockey the right way. Sage beyond his years. Gonna be a star player for a longtime.

One Kings player deserving of respect in the series. Well Kempe another.

Byfield will be hard to contain when he fleshes out his total game. Needs to bull pucks to net better and learn how to protect puck better. Should be able to.
Hes really upped his game. He looked like a nothing player to me the previous two years.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Quinton Byfield is in his first playoffs as a go to player and he's +5 in this series. Already the best player on the Kings and that separation only going to increase.

This guy is 21yrs old, 225lbs already and plays hockey the right way. Sage beyond his years. Gonna be a star player for a longtime.

One Kings player deserving of respect in the series. Well Kempe another.

Byfield will be hard to contain when he fleshes out his total game. Needs to bull pucks to net better and learn how to protect puck better. Should be able to.

Not gonna lie, I don’t give a shit about the Kings players and their development (Byfield et al). I hope they all go downhill

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
LA board is chirping us because we sent out McDavid and Drai. I think that was a lesson from Knob to tell them to cool off with the cheap shots

“Waaaaah it’s not fair that you punt our team even more when you’re already kicking our ass as a result of our team playing like a bunch of punks”

The “waaaah you put your top players out not fair” is by far, hands down, the biggest “I’m a f***ing loser” complaint anyone could possibly make.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad