Post-Game Talk: Oilers put Hollywood in production hell

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Louie needs to GTFO Oilers telecasts, it seems like he has read remarks by the fans, and is now doubling down and trolling at this point, there was a poster on the mains last night not even a Oiler fan stating I thought he was supposed to be the Oilers colorman
Hrudey has talked about how low he sunk in his broadcasting and his feelings about it and that he would read comments and take them to heart. Just saying that because it seems like Debrusk too. Both are too stubborn it would seem to be in public eye like they are.

Some media really need to be more composed and less reactive. I remember David Staples coming in here and posting and losing it on people. Man you can't be doing that in your profession.

I wonder if Spector and Matheson have had accounts here.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Good confirmation last night that the Kings know they are not good enough. They know they have to goon it up and try to injure players to have a chance if the magic flukey bounces aren't going to keep gifting them goals.

Need to finish these punks off quick. Hope we can put a few good games in a row together now.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Louie needs to GTFO Oilers telecasts, it seems like he has read remarks by the fans, and is now doubling down and trolling at this point, there was a poster on the mains last night not even a Oiler fan stating I thought he was supposed to be the Oilers colorman
Yeah that was an all time shit performance by the clown last night

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Quinton Byfield is in his first playoffs as a go to player and he's +5 in this series. Already the best player on the Kings and that separation only going to increase.

This guy is 21yrs old, 225lbs already and plays hockey the right way. Sage beyond his years. Gonna be a star player for a longtime.

One Kings player deserving of respect in the series. Well Kempe another.

Byfield will be hard to contain when he fleshes out his total game. Needs to bull pucks to net better and learn how to protect puck better. Should be able to.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Quinton Byfield is in his first playoffs as a go to player and he's +5 in this series. Already the best player on the Kings and that separation only going to increase.

This guy is 21yrs old, 225lbs already and plays hockey the right way. Sage beyond his years. Gonna be a star player for a longtime.

Byfield will be hard to contain when he fleshes out his total game. Needs to bull pucks to net better and learn how to protect puck better. Should be able to.
They definitely have something in byfield, him and slafkovsky this year took massive steps.

Kinda feel bad for kings fans though Vilardi would have been a great 1-2 to build with byfield

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
In fairness Doughty was better than PK in his sleep. He should be making more. SC wins talk too. Guys that win cups get paid.

Darnell Nurse got too much.
Oh I don't doubt that at all. I just can't imagine Connor in his contract year saying" let me talk to Leon in the off season I obviously deserve more than Matthews ".

Doughty is so high on himself he felt comfortable saying things that make him look classless. Yelling at his own team under the guise of" being a leader "etc. Quite a few tells he's an awful guy to be around.

CN8

May 31, 2010
Canada
Agreed. But Hyman set the table for the show. His contribution cannot be overlooked and he's been the best Oiler in the series and every single game. Hyman would just not be denied on that opening goal. he insisted that was going in. Brilliant play by Ekholm.

Understand as well the psychology in the sequence of Ekholm owning Doughty on that play. In Chess thats a move that results in you toppling your Queen. The move is just that good. Ekholm steps in on the pass owning the play and sends it to Hyman who just insists on getting a goal. Absolute domination on goal. Shark bloodsport. That goal unmasked the whole game to follow. The Kings and Doughty were never composed after that.

Kane was huge last night in a pivotal game. But Hyman was the one to get the whole ball rolling.

You can see with the McD goal later that Hyman sent message to him too. Just make the puck go in. Keep banging till it does.

Hyman is leading the way.
Love Hyman , he’s the perfect fit to play with McD. And as McD would tell you, getting open is a skill. But to me this is an example why goals aren’t always greater than assists . How many does he have with out the tap in feeds. Again not at all trying to downplay Hyman as a leader

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

The bolded is still clearly Kempe imo, but agreed with the rest.

Kinibo

Apr 11, 2013
There are few colour guys and announcers that have ever gotten on my nerves, I didn’t even mind Rememda when he was here. But Louie really rubs me the wrong way. I think he’s bucking for the national broadcasts and he’s over compensating to prove he’s not a homer for Edmonton. Plus, he’s simply not that good. You could make up a bingo card with all his commonly used phrases and mixed metaphors and have it filled by the end of the first period. I can’t remember the last time ne said anything that actually added to the experience or told me something I didn’t already know.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Solid game all around. Skinner with a great rebound game and special teams again the difference. Knoblauch with a nice move of Kane to Drai's line and wow did it ever pay off! Anyone who thought Kane can't play in the top 6 again should bookmark this game in their YouTube favorites. Kings had no answer and Oilers/Kane are in their heads!! Oilers need to put the boots to this dirty team in game 4 and end them back home in game 5. I hope Talbot is in for game 4!

Last edited:

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Of course Drai not even on your list despite being first star and Oiler of the game. Not just the production but the D stops and taking a goal away from LA on an empty net.
I noticed that too. Based on posting history, that poster has a particular bias against Draisaitl so it's not surprising.

It was such an LTIR post. ;)
The post should be put on LTIR ;)

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad