Oilers Prospect Rankings #5

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Really don't understand how Gernat got ranked #4. Went with Musil again

Who would you take between Houck and Moroz? I really haven't seen most of these Dub kids, I am soooooo looking forward to Penticton this year so that I can see some of these kids.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Houck. Moroz is a much better fighter, but that's about it imo

Thanks, so would you say that Moroz is a potential 4th liner and Houck is a potential 3rd liner then? The truth is that we could use both of them to pan out as well as Ewanyk and Kessy.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Thanks, so would you say that Moroz is a potential 4th liner and Houck is a potential 3rd liner then? The truth is that we could use both of them to pan out as well as Ewanyk and Kessy.

Most likely. Houck is the only one I'd bet on turning into a top 9 forward. I'm really hoping Moroz and Kessy can be more than 4th liners though. IATL could definitely give you a better read on Moroz and Ewanyk though

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2008
Most likely. Houck is the only one I'd bet on turning into a top 9 forward. I'm really hoping Moroz and Kessy can be more than that though. IATL could definitely give you a better read on Moroz and Ewanyk though

I knew you would pick Houck.;)

Moroz has the size. I was disappointed in his play at times this past season. I guess I expected more. He does bring the physical play though, and that's why they drafted him. We'll see.

Fight of the year (that I saw) was Moroz vs Geertsen in Edmonton. That was two guys who did not like each other. The line brawl vs Lethbridge with the goalie fight at center ice was classic too.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Most likely. Houck is the only one I'd bet on turning into a top 9 forward. I'm really hoping Moroz and Kessy can be more than that though. IATL could definitely give you a better read on Moroz and Ewanyk though

Houck-?-Roy
Kessy-Ewanyk-Moroz

Could be an abrasive bottom 6 in time.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I knew you would pick Houck.;)

Moroz has the size. I was disappointed in his play at times this past season. I guess I expected more. He does bring the physical play though, and that's why they drafted him. We'll see.

Fight of the year (that I saw) was Moroz vs Geertsen in Edmonton. That was two guys who did not like each other. The line brawl vs Lethbridge with the goalie fight at center ice was classic too.

Moroz definitely didn't seem to take the step everyone was hoping for this year, but even if he never does, do you think he'll be more like JFJ or say Prust? It'd be great if we could have him pan out

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Moroz definitely didn't seem to take the step everyone was hoping for this year, but even if he never does, do you think he'll be more like JFJ or say Prust? It'd be great if we could have him pan out

Hopefully he takes on a really expanded role next season and it pays off for him and the Oilers organization. After that it might be good for him to get out of Edmonton for a few years so that he's a bit out of the spotlight and he can work on doing what he needs to as a player instead of feeling the need to live up to his draft position.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Shocked that Gernat pulled off the win. If Gernat turns out to be better than Musil then there are a lot of young effective d-men that we're going to have to trade away in the next few years because there are just way too many of them.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced

Hopefully he takes on a really expanded role next season and it pays off for him and the Oilers organization. After that it might be good for him to get out of Edmonton for a few years so that he's a bit out of the spotlight and he can work on doing what he needs to as a player instead of feeling the need to live up to his draft position.

Laxdal was talking on Team1260 a little while ago about how he expects Moroz to take on a bigger role this coming season. Should see top 6 minutes, hope he can run with them.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Still wondering if someone can tell me why Slepyshev is beating out guys like Marco Roy, Rajala, Khaira, Kessy, Moroz etc? I havent read anything impressive on him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Still wondering if someone can tell me why Slepyshev is beating out guys like Marco Roy, Rajala, Khaira, Kessy, Moroz etc? I havent read anything impressive on him.

Was suppose to be a 1st rounder last year, but because of the whole Russian factor no one would take him.

Who would you take between Houck and Moroz? I really haven't seen most of these Dub kids, I am soooooo looking forward to Penticton this year so that I can see some of these kids.

You going down? I'm thinking about going, depends what flights cost.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'd love to hear the up roar from the media if we traded a Gernat or Musil. Seems quite clear that we are stacked at D when it comes to prospects, but we don't hear much about it from outsiders.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I'd love to hear the up roar from the media if we traded a Gernat or Musil. Seems quite clear that we are stacked at D when it comes to prospects, but we don't hear much about it from outsiders.

If we can get solid, not too old third liners for them, I don't think anyone would care. Musil/Gernat are expendable atm.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Some random info re Slepyshev:
U18 WJC top 3 player on team: 2010\11
U18 WJC top 3 player on team: 2011\12
Drafted 1st overall KHL
Captained U18 team RUS

Was projected to go in 2nd after the Russian factor in 2013.. 1st round in 2012

Has size, speed, skill and 2 way game.

I would pick him ahead of Zharkov and Yakimov but probably not Musil.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

we traded Rieder for a AHL 3rd liner... im sure MacT will get away with anyone for these 2 if they are NHLers.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If we can get solid, not too old third liners for them, I don't think anyone would care. Musil/Gernat are expendable atm.

I'm more referring to outside media who keep talking about our lack of defense, which is true, but that's at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad